Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best source to look for jobs for IT graduate

Options
  • 24-06-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am a graduate with a 2:1 in BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing. I graduated in 2009 and was lucky enough to follow this up with a year's internship which I enjoyed.

I have been looking for work since and I am just wondering where is the best places I should be looking. I keep hearing the IT sector is doing well but I have struggled so far. I have had some interviews but been unsuccessful as of yet. I keep looking on the usual locations such as irishjobs, monster etc. I am usually contacted by agencies which I am finding to usually lead to nothing.

I would rather apply directly to companies if I could but where can you get such a list? Or is there some particular better websites to look for such jobs? I am looking at getting maybe a Junior dev role if possible but would do testing or anything at this stage. I am currently studying for Sun Certified Java Programmer cert which I hope may be off some benefit also as I hate doing nothing with my time.

Any feedback/help would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Start with the big corporate websites, IBM, HP, SIS, Atos, Accenture etc and work your way down. Read IT publications and target companies that are in those. Network!

Get some experience, register on rent-a-coder or similar and bid on some small jobs that suit your skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

SAP are hiring graduates at the moment. Office located in Citywest.

http://www.sap.com/careers

drill down for graduate jobs or dublin jobs.

Job reference code: IE-54186556-EN-11-001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ZoeZii

Company I work for are looking for a graduate Software Engineer - see job spec and apply through this link ->

http://www.intertradeirelandfusion.com/job-positions/

Advertisement