Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitchelstown

Options
  • 24-06-2011 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:)Hello,

My mother and I are travelling to Mitchelstown co.Cork in September. We are only going there for a couple of days to have a look round (she grew up there in the 40's- 50's). Bit of a long shot but is there anything of interest going on around the 18th, my mum's prob' bit old to be spelunking the local cave!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

I cant see why she'd be too old for the cave. Havn't been there in about 15 years but i'd a say there is probably an elevator and a sprinkler system installed since the boom. Maybe a few escalators too, and an awful lot of signeage

No only messing. but when I was there it was fairly accessible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bitbag

Funny:D My mum's probably more active than me. Worth a look, i wouldnt mind a t shirt, i survived etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Depends what you like - Glengara wood has nice river walks, the caves are fantastic but there is a bit of a steep climb (up steps) to get out of it. The whole Ballyhoura area is very scenic.

Advertisement