Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about cdjs

• 24-06-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Right heres the story, want to get back into djing cause im getting really sick of only playing live sets.

I dont want to use traktor, it just annoys me at this stage and i dont want to drag my macbook everywhere im playing.

I would buy technics 1210s and go down the all vinyl route but i simply dont have the steady income to keep dishing out on vinyl records.

Basically i dont have that much cash and i just want a decent pair of cdjs to practise at home.

My question is, is it really necessary to buy pioneer cdjs or are they just overpriced like their mixers? Would a budget set of cdjs suit my needs, bear in mind im not interested in any mad efx or any of that ****e.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

CDJs 350 are probably your best bet for what you just posted.

Personally I find pioneer decks to be top of the pile, mixers are another matter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Have a look for cdj 400's or cdj 800's MK II.

And a EFX isn't shíte as long as you dont abuse it or put on the flanger every 30 seconds. It can be a handy piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Yeah but why pioneers? Still havent answered my question, why are they worth the extra money over other cdjs with the same features?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I picked up a pair of denon dns3700's back in january, i prefered the feel of them over the pioneers,the spinning platter is very good if you are used to the feel of vinyl.. couple of effects on them, they work as midi controlers and they have a built in soundcard. as well as playing off a cd you can put a usb stick or external drive with up to 50,000 tracks per deck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

your not gonna find many venues using denons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    your not gonna find many venues using denons

I dont understand why that matters either? Pitch response would be the same surely, 0.8% is always gonna be around a bpm and its not like its hard to learn how to cue on different bits of gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

SteveDon wrote: »
    I dont understand why that matters either? Pitch response would be the same surely, 0.8% is always gonna be around a bpm and its not like its hard to learn how to cue on different bits of gear.

It kinda does.

Using denon DND4500 cd players in a lot of the venues i'm in - purely because they are cheap and cheerful. not many venues will fork out a couple of grand on CDJ's and a DJM / A+H mixer when they can get a twin denon player and a mixer for a few hundred quid.

the bad thing about them is that, like with most denons released in recent times, one button does a multitude of things. the layout looks cluttered, the search function on them is very slow compared to a cdj. most dj boxes are the size of an oxo cube so space is a factor, hence the attitude, we'll put these in.

The cdj is industry standard. easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

its funny you dont want to bring a laptop around with you but your willing to haul crates of vinyl?

i got sick of burning cd's for cdj so a laptop solution with drag and drop is where its at, for me anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Davey Eire

Have Pioneer CDJ - 1000 Mk3 for sale just over year old £700

Have Pioneer EFX - 1000 For Sale ONLY £400

Pioneer All The Way !! !! !! !!

Advertisement