Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Collins Tyres (carrigaline)

Options
  • 24-06-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

im just in the door from the above place, I went there to get them to fit a tyre that i supplyed to my alloy wheel and the short answer was NO. They said they will not fit a tyre unless it is bought off of them. Forgive me if im wrong but are we not in a recession, i know most places charge €10 to fit a tyre for you and €10 is €10 ie. money is money am i right here i mean these are so called hard times are they not isnt, it a bad idea to turn away a paying customer? on another visit to said place to get my front wheels balanced i felt as though i was putting them (the staff) out of the way because when i asked for the job to be done i was met with one of the employee's rollling there eyes at me and huffing and puffing below his breath, sorry for going on but i will not be recommeding these guys to any of my friends and will not be returning their in the near future and i advise you who read this to stay clear, i was just woundering did anybody else have a bad experience with these guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's his business, and he can run it as he likes. If he fits the tyre, he's immediately legally responsible for the tyre from there on in. Why open himself up to potential legal action due to a blow out for the 15-20 euro you're going to pay for fitting?

Long story short, go to somewhere that will. There's plenty of them, but there's no need to go badmouthing someone's business on the Internet because you asked them to provide a service they don't do. The issue with the tracking could have just been someone having a bad day perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I know of a few garages who will fit and balance tyres not bought from them, they're not tyre shops though but they do have the ability to change and balance tyres

garage 1 - did a lot of work for me in the past, got to know me well and knew I wouldn't cause them hassle

garage 2 - will only do so if you drop off the wheels and tyres and not the entire car

garage 3 - supervisor is a friends dad, they don't do work for the general public

I know how frustrating it can be looking for quotes for such work,
    I could understand being refused to have used or remolded tyres fit but being refused to have new tyres fitted would annoy me too

Back between 03-05 I worked in a shop that refused to change with the times and competition from the internet and they folded in 2006

2 years ago I was quoted €150 locally minus fitting, for a single Toyo Proxie T1R (205/40/17)
    which ended up being €6 less then what I ended up paying for a set of 2 T1R's including delivery from the uk

not sure what I paid for fitting in the end as it was negotiated into the bill for a big brake conversion for the front

point being, apart from people buying cheap smaller sized sets to get through the nct for a focus etc..
    would be mad to pay a premium for the likes of larger low profile tyres from local suppliers

I'm not sure if there are any independent mobile fitters but it's only a matter of time before someone does invest in it.

Tempted myself, but unless you get lucky buying everything used the cost on ebay for a turnkey solution
    which includes a 55' reg van with all new gear on the inside would be around the £10k

the cost to buy into a uk based franchise is double that again, so I might pass on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Richie ae86

"badmouthing someone's business" is that not what the internet is for or have i missed the point allgether? freedom of speech fella if you dont want to hear badmouthing then i suggest you stay off the internet

............Forgive me if im wrong but are we not in a recession, i know most places charge €10 to fit a tyre for you and €10 is €10 ie. money is money am i right here i mean these are so called hard times are they not isnt, it a bad idea to turn away a paying customer?.........

If he is making a living selling and fitting his own tyres why should he bother his arse doing it? A tenner is f all. He wouldn't see €2 of that after tax and costs are paid. Unless you are suggesting he should just pocket the tenner? :eek:

I'm not sure if there are any independent mobile fitters but it's only a matter of time before someone does invest in it.

Tempted myself, but unless you get lucky buying everything used the cost on ebay for a turnkey solution
    which includes a 55' reg van with all new gear on the inside would be around the £10k

the cost to buy into a uk based franchise is double that again, so I might pass on it :D

A guy in Galway does it, he has a shop too, he told me he was amazed at how little he does out of the van. No way near enough to make a living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

"badmouthing someone's business" is that not what the internet is for or have i missed the point allgether? freedom of speech fella if you dont want to hear badmouthing then i suggest you stay off the internet

I suggest you read the conditions you clicked I agree on when you signed up to the site*. There's no freedom of speech on the Internet - and definitely none here, you can be very easily traced for the negative comments you say here. Last month in the Motors Forum, a thread was closed because someone complained about a Cork garage, and the garage in question got their Solicitor to contact the owners of the site. Posters are reponsible for their own posts, not the site.

I'm genuinely not having a go at you, but you need to realise just how easily things can bite you on the ass when you say things online - especially when you give so much away about yourself with your username.

If you're stuck, I can happily recommend tyre shops who'll help you out too btw :)

*Mods, don't mean to be backseat modding - please feel free to edit if you want.

I suggest you read the conditions you clicked I agree on when you signed up to the site*. There's no freedom of speech on the Internet - and definitely none here, you can be very easily traced for the negative comments you say here. Last month in the Motors Forum, a thread was closed because someone complained about a Cork garage, and the garage in question got their Solicitor to contact the owners of the site. Posters are reponsible for their own posts, not the site.

I'm genuinely not having a go at you, but you need to realise just how easily things can bite you on the ass when you say things online - especially when you give so much away about yourself with your username.

If you're stuck, I can happily recommend tyre shops who'll help you out too btw :)

*Mods, don't mean to be backseat modding - please feel free to edit if you want.

first off my username is no where near my actual name hence it being the world wide web, alot of weirdos out there but anyways the reason i put this up is because if your stuck on a day like today (bad weather) dont go to kevin collins tyres because the wont help you out with said problem and finally i dont need you to recommened any tyre shop for me as a fellow carrigaline tyre shop sorted me out and they will now recieve all my business which i think is a lot as i run 2 drift cars every 2nd weekend so i use a lot of tyres and my range rover is due a full set of new tyres soon, fair enough if he didnt want to fit the tyre but when i went for the balancing the staff where acting as described above, maybe the guy was having a bad day but isnt the saying service with a smile, i mean im sure my staff have problems at home etc etc but they are always happy and helpful when dealing with customers in the end of the day its your (the boss/owner) means of income so if they dont do there jobs then your outta pocket and one last thing im sure their are 100's nay 1000's of people out there that would gladly do that guys job with a smile and would be greatful just to have a job..... thanks for the replys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

I used to use KC for my Tyres from when he was located at Old waterpark. I always felt I was being a nuisance when I turned up with a Puncture. I usually had to wait 1/2 to 1 Hour even if there were no other people waiting. He Bumped up his prices when he moved to Crosshaven Road. I Now use Express Tyres in Shanbally who offer a Terrific Friendly Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

first off my username is no where near my actual name hence it being the world wide web, alot of weirdos out there

You do realise that just because your username isn't anywhere near your own name that does not mean you cannot be traced! You most certainly can, and I think the point that everyone is trying to get across is that this garage clearly does not provide this service but that does not mean you should go badmouthing someones business on the internet because of it.

Regardless of what business you are running you provide certain services, if you do not provide a certain service then that is up to the individual owner! You wouldn't go badmouthing a fruit and veg shop just because they don't sell sweets! If you found someone to do the job for you great for you but this garage does not provide this service and that is upto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

Just to give another view I've been using KC tyres for a long time because I've always found them very friendly with good service and decent prices. Have got valuable advice off them as well about a problem I have with my wheels that wasn't worth any money to them but was worth having. Not doubting that any of the above experiences are true, but I'd still recommend to anyone who asked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Is the op really doing something wrong? He's sharing an expierence he had with them.

tyler71 wrote: »
    Just to give another view I've been using KC tyres for a long time because I've always found them very friendly with good service and decent prices. Have got valuable advice off them as well about a problem I have with my wheels that wasn't worth any money to them but was worth having. Not doubting that any of the above experiences are true, but I'd still recommend to anyone who asked.

thank you for your input

cork45 wrote: »
    Is the op really doing something wrong? He's sharing an expierence he had with them.

this man speaks the truth

akamossy wrote: »
    You do realise that just because your username isn't anywhere near your own name that does not mean you cannot be traced! You most certainly can, and I think the point that everyone is trying to get across is that this garage clearly does not provide this service but that does not mean you should go badmouthing someones business on the internet because of it.

Regardless of what business you are running you provide certain services, if you do not provide a certain service then that is up to the individual owner! You wouldn't go badmouthing a fruit and veg shop just because they don't sell sweets! If you found someone to do the job for you great for you but this garage does not provide this service and that is upto them.

trace away, and when you find me, what will happen? lol keyboard warriors ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

No need to go calling people keyboard warriors.

Just to prove a point, within 2 mins of searching I've already found your actual name as well as the reg of one of your cars. I could go further but I have no interest in doing so.

I would also like to point out that I have no great computer skills of any kind, just some simple detective work.

Just beware that it is infact very easy to trace you, Richard ;)

No need to go calling people keyboard warriors.

Just to prove a point, within 2 mins of searching I've already found your actual name as well as the reg of one of your cars. I could go further but I have no interest in doing so.

I would also like to point out that I have no great computer skills of any kind, just some simple detective work.

Just beware that it is infact very easy to trace you, Richard ;)

i perfer richie :) that car is long gone the one i posted a pic of on here :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Free speech does not exist on boards.
    I suggest your improve your attitude if you wish to remain.

first off my username is no where near my actual name hence it being the world wide web, alot of weirdos out there but anyways the reason i put this up is because if your stuck on a day like today (bad weather) dont go to kevin collins tyres because the wont help you out with said problem and finally i dont need you to recommened any tyre shop for me as a fellow carrigaline tyre shop sorted me out and they will now recieve all my business which i think is a lot as i run 2 drift cars every 2nd weekend so i use a lot of tyres and my range rover is due a full set of new tyres soon, fair enough if he didnt want to fit the tyre but when i went for the balancing the staff where acting as described above, maybe the guy was having a bad day but isnt the saying service with a smile, i mean im sure my staff have problems at home etc etc but they are always happy and helpful when dealing with customers in the end of the day its your (the boss/owner) means of income so if they dont do there jobs then your outta pocket and one last thing im sure their are 100's nay 1000's of people out there that would gladly do that guys job with a smile and would be greatful just to have a job..... thanks for the replys ;)

We surprisingly through magical devices have your IP.
    Through equally if not greater magical devices your ISP can link that IP to your household.
    All this information can be retrieved by legal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Castie, why don't you deal with the backseat modding, instead of having a go at the op, who did nothing wrong?

He got a **** service and said so, what the fcuk is wrong with that?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

DM-BM wrote: »
    Castie, why don't you deal with the backseat modding, instead of having a go at the op, who did nothing wrong?

Any one has a problem with my modding then message me

castie wrote: »
    Free speech does not exist on boards.
    I suggest your improve your attitude if you wish to remain.

We surprisingly through magical devices have your IP.
    Through equally if not greater magical devices your ISP can link that IP to your household.
    All this information can be retrieved by legal means.

what time are you coming over so i can make sure im here, ban me if you want i really couldnt give a **** tbh

• Advertisement

DM-BM wrote: »

thanks for seeing it my way dude and not just jumping on the wagon, obviously the people of cork dont want to hear about a place that gives bad service or no service at all so for all those people if you need tyres please go to kevin collins tyres in carrigaline because there service is No:1 and cant be beaten on price, i recommend them 100% im bored of this now im off for a ****

Advertisement