Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Boarding in Kildare

• 24-06-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of anyone doing home boarding in kildare. I have two small dogs and couldn't bear the thought of leaving them in a kennells as they are 100% house dogs. They sleep in my bedroom too so I have them spoilt rotten so dont want to have them overly stressed if i leave them for a few nights. Have never left them before with anyone so I'm a very anxious owner. Not overly keen on a pet sitter coming in once or twice a day as they love to be out and about and it would be too long to be left on their own. Any one any reccommendations of people you have used before, have thought about Yuppie Puppie in Bray but know she gets bookded up quickly and have read mainly good and some ok reports.....any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Cocomc, I know you're looking for home boarding but in the event you don't get that sorted, could I recommend Glebe House Kennels. They are between Kildare town and monesterevin, on the old road. Doreen is just fabulous, she takes such good care of the dogs and thinks nothing of texting you updates to let you know how they are getting on.
    Might be worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cocomc

Thanks for your response, its very kind of you. I have heard great reports alright about Doreen and have been out there before and all looks good but I just couldnt leave them in a kennells. Maybe they would like it but I know I wouldnt rest easy while they were gone so kennells not an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PB27

Cocomc, I was just reading your first post which brought a smile to my face. We are the same with our little lad, he is a cocker spaniel and is spoilt rotten as well. He is a house dog. We recently went on holidays and we put him in a kennells. We felt so guilty. We would never leave him in again. I suggest you do what you feel comfortable with.

Thanks PB, Im one of those owners that treats their dogs like kids lol, they are spoilt devils but wouldnt b without them. Im sure they probably might even enjoy kennells but I know I wouldnt sleep worrying about them, one of them is a right softy and whimpers If i leave her at home with my mam for a few hours so i think kennells would throw her over the edge completely. No weekends away for me by the looks of it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SukisMam

Cocomc wrote: »
    Thanks PB, Im one of those owners that treats their dogs like kids lol, they are spoilt devils but wouldnt b without them. Im sure they probably might even enjoy kennells but I know I wouldnt sleep worrying about them, one of them is a right softy and whimpers If i leave her at home with my mam for a few hours so i think kennells would throw her over the edge completely. No weekends away for me by the looks of it lol

Hi, I have just been reading your posts above and would be very interested in helping you! I am just in the set up process of doing home boarding myself, but I have done it a few times before. I can get recommendations and you can come and do a home visit if you're interested. Let me know!

• Advertisement

Hi I should of said that my two are smallies, a bit bigger than Jack Russells so would be looking for somewhere with similar size dogs so please anybody know of anyone at all that does home boarding I would be extremely grateful

Advertisement