Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Hotspots problem?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

K new customer to eircom with the wi fi option as part of the package.

I have an Acer netbook with widows 7 starter, an IPod Touch and an Experia mobile.

Problem is I can connect any of the devices to my home wireless setup, also I can connect any of the devices to the BT Open network at Starbucks ( at least to get to the login stage ) and I can connect them all to various unsecured networks that I know of.

However, none of the devices will connect to Eircom Hotspots in Swords and Malahide, haven't tried any other locations yet.

So main question, is anyone else using Eircom HotSpots in Swords and Malahide and are you able to connect with ease?

If you can, anyone have any thoughts as to why 3 different devices I've tried won't?

Thanks in anticipation

X-Posted to Biz/Talk to.../Eircom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

60+ views and no one using eircom! methinks I brought into a dead horse :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If the laptop works fine in other wireless situations its very hard to know what to suggest.

Do the devices see the hotspots? Do you need to enter any information to confirm you are an Eircom customer or anything like that? If so is it being entered correctly? Are you in the Eircom database for wireless? (if there is one etc etc)

dub45 wrote: »
    If the laptop works fine in other wireless situations its very hard to know what to suggest.

Do the devices see the hotspots? Do you need to enter any information to confirm you are an Eircom customer or anything like that? If so is it being entered correctly? Are you in the Eircom database for wireless? (if there is one etc etc)

Yep devices see the hotspots, and connect with limited availability ( no network), I suppose what I realy want to know is if anyone else has had similar problems and what sort of things resolved them

System should work like this...

Wireless picks up Eircom Hotspot ( it does )
    Laptop connects to hotspot ( it sort of does )
    Browser brings up a log on page ( it doesn't )

similar to the BT OPenzone system at Starbucks which works fine all the way to the browser logon screen, this is what makes me think the problem is Eircoms rather than the laptop but proving it is the problem

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Yep devices see the hotspots, and connect with limited availability ( no network), I suppose what I realy want to know is if anyone else has had similar problems and what sort of things resolved them

System should work like this...

Wireless picks up Eircom Hotspot ( it does )
    Laptop connects to hotspot ( it sort of does )
    Browser brings up a log on page ( it doesn't )

similar to the BT OPenzone system at Starbucks which works fine all the way to the browser logon screen, this is what makes me think the problem is Eircoms rather than the laptop but proving it is the problem

Have you tried this?
    Problems logging in?
    If you are having problems please contact eircom wireless broadband support, email wireless.broadband@eircom.net or dial eircom locall 1890 564 002 8.00am - 10.00pm, 7 days a week.

Some common problems experienced are:
    Incorrect username or password
    Browser proxy-settings not disabled, or
    The account has expired

http://www.eircom.net/productsServices/wifi/faqs/

dub45 wrote: »

Tried the support guys, not too helpful, if it isn't on the crib sheet they seem lost.

What I could do with is someone with Windows7 starter on a laptop confirming they can or can't log onto an Eircom WiFi hotspot, just upto the browser screen logon where it asks for your user ID and password to continue browsing the net. Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 flyinghigh2002

eircom hotspot not giving access to their login page. tried it using laptop on 7 ultimate and 2 smart phone(iphone and samsung). at two places in rathmines at mcD and also the pay phone near the traffic light close to there

thats the kind of info I'm looking for, thanks, anyone else?

Advertisement