Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Hotspots problem?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

K new customer to eircom with the wi fi option as part of the package.

I have an Acer netbook with widows 7 starter, an IPod Touch and an Experia mobile.

Problem is I can connect any of the devices to my home wireless setup, also I can connect any of the devices to the BT Open network at Starbucks ( at least to get to the login stage ) and I can connect them all to various unsecured networks that I know of.

However, none of the devices will connect to Eircom Hotspots in Swords and Malahide, haven't tried any other locations yet.

So main question, is anyone else using Eircom HotSpots in Swords and Malahide and are you able to connect with ease?

If you can, anyone have any thoughts as to why 3 different devices I've tried won't?

Thanks in anticipation

X-Posted To Tech/Nets&Comms/Wireless

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Spook_ie wrote: »
    K new customer to eircom with the wi fi option as part of the package.

I have an Acer netbook with widows 7 starter, an IPod Touch and an Experia mobile.

Problem is I can connect any of the devices to my home wireless setup, also I can connect any of the devices to the BT Open network at Starbucks ( at least to get to the login stage ) and I can connect them all to various unsecured networks that I know of.

However, none of the devices will connect to Eircom Hotspots in Swords and Malahide, haven't tried any other locations yet.

So main question, is anyone else using Eircom HotSpots in Swords and Malahide and are you able to connect with ease?

If you can, anyone have any thoughts as to why 3 different devices I've tried won't?

Thanks in anticipation

X-Posted To Tech/Nets&Comms/Wireless

Hi Spook_ie,

Thanks for posting your query on eircom Hotspots.

Please give Hotspot Support a call : 1890252049 with any problems logging on to eircom Hotspots.

If you have your registered username and password to hand, this will be helpful so they can check this for you.

More information around Registering and individual Hospot locations can be found on www.eircom.ie/hotspot

Let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Hi Spook_ie,

Thanks for posting your query on eircom Hotspots.

Please give Hotspot Support a call : 1890252049 with any problems logging on to eircom Hotspots.

If you have your registered username and password to hand, this will be helpful so they can check this for you.

More information around Registering and individual Hospot locations can be found on www.eircom.ie/hotspot

Let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,
    Ant

Already did, they don't seem convinced they have a problem, they say it will be looked into but meantime any other information that I can gather will be relayed to them in the event I still can't log on in the near future. More so any evidence that other people can't log on either can enhance their fault resolution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Already did, they don't seem convinced they have a problem, they say it will be looked into but meantime any other information that I can gather will be relayed to them in the event I still can't log on in the near future. More so any evidence that other people can't log on either can enhance their fault resolution

Hi Spook
    at the moment we have no issue logged to us re any Hot Spot issue in Swords/ Malhide area. Can you tell me your location when you tried to access wi fi? ie Starbucks, Burgerking etc.
    I can then investigate further.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Tried hotspot in Malahide at The Green which has access to Eircom, Starbucks and Marina WiFi, access 2 out of the 3 ( guess which ones :p )

Tried hot spot in Swords Main St, can access Cock Tavern ( free complimentary ) but cannot access the Eircom Hot Spot, same symptoms as Malahide

Also from the wireless thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73042940&postcount=7

You have some kind of a problem somewhere and it would seem to be not the actual hotspots but a software/compatability issue

What hardware etc. do Eircom use, the answer may be with your firmware or something

Advertisement