Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Any financial support for a new player?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey guys, just started Eve a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if any of you EvE sharks out there with your billions, and the rock means BILLIONS of isk .. could send me a small amount to get me started?

I'm new to the game, and I'm being very blunt about what I'm after. I realise I'm 8 odd years behind in EvE and I'm just looking for a helping hand to give me a quicker start. Hoping to cash some of my good karma from helping out new guys in other Mmos - ye know yourselves :p The whole , "here have 200g " .. " WOW THANKS OMG !" :D

Anyway, look not beating around the bush. If you want to call it a loan, I'll gladly pay it back, however that's not what I'm asking because I don't want people to go " oh thats a scam" and I also have NO collateral anyway as Im new so im blatently just asking for a helping hand to get me in a battlecruiser a little faster.

Didnt realise boards had such a vibrant games section, just spent 2 hours reading most of the recent posts this year here, good stuff. Im also looking for a corp if anyone is interested in taking on a rookie ? Wouldnt normally 'beg' but sure feck it, thought ye might help out a local, doubt the irish recession has hit ye in eve :p

So if any of ye lifers can spare a few isk, my character is called
    Potential Ozuwara -
    also if ye want to add me feel free, after reading Roots guides and threads about Irish ops Im gettin really excited about playing. Of course Im useless now but hopefully in a few weeks Ill be able to bring something to the table, just looking forward to playing the market aswell once I have some ingame money, used to do that a lot in other MMo's.

Anyway, wont take it personally if ye cant/wont help me out. Thats life, if ye do id appreciate it and Ill mail ye ingame - cya out there folks :)

edit : also someone said something about investing in corps? should i be doing this or what is it ? I really want to get into the financial side of things, investing and giving out small loans etc.. any tips ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

If your account is new and you haven't fully subbed someone could do you a 21 day free trial and give you some of the ISK from the PLEX that they sell. Jelle got a 21 day trial off of me and if he subs I intend to give him half the ISK (~175m) from selling the PLEX. It's an option I suppose that benefits everyone. For Jelle and me as new players it's ideal.

I got a generous donation from a boards member (won't name names!) which was very much appreciated, a brand new Noctis was handed to me. The generosity is there and to be honest it amazed me as in any other MMO you need to beg or borrow from mates. Looking forward to doing some events with the Irish gang soon once I am up to scratch somewhat!

Oh and what I done to kick start myself as well was bought a 60 day time card and converted it to 2x PLEX. Sold one and have the other in reserve if i need the money or time that's the route I will take. I done it to get myself ahead into L2 missions, was getting battered trying them and scrimping around was taking ages. It's a good way to kick start your EVE career but not for everyone if money is tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gaval

DOH ! I've just upgraded ! :( I appreciate the advice non the less, maybe if I get the ball rolling, down the line I can get a 2nd account or something similar.

name names ! :p joke! I don't expect that don't worry but yeah, thats pretty much the kind of start Im looking for , just a boost in the right direction. Any takers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Begging isn't allowed, either make your own way or GTFO please.

Gneez wrote: »

lol ! Ah wow, nice guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Gaval wrote: »
    lol ! Ah wow, nice guy!

Probably just has his back up. EVE is a scam fest, gets a bit old watching people trying to borrow money they wont pay back, or scam people into buying the wrong item.

But as u said, ure not asking for either of those. At least you are straight up and honest. Ill send you a little donation to get u started, not much, money is tight for me atm but itll get u some skill books or something, the other peeps can decide themselves. Welcome to the forum :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I want to know what you're going to spend it on. If you're a 500k sp char and have taken a liking to that RF Firetail you saw on market you can fúck right off. :D

Nevore wrote: »
    I want to know what you're going to spend it on. If you're a 500k sp char and have taken a liking to that RF Firetail you saw on market you can fúck right off. :D

Skill books and a battle cruiser, insurance ( I am that bad .. :p ) and then a good load out for it. Thats the aim, but more so I can log on at work, the work laptops are not good, I cant really do combat. But sitting in a station all day buying and selling is where I really wanna spend the dosh ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Gneez wrote: »

Funnily I am agreeing with Gneez and it's also in the forum charter coincidently. We all give new people isk but you should never actively ask for it as a new player as that's not a trend you want to get in to or start the game on.

Referencing the charter regardless of good intentions in this thread I am locking it. If you need to vent or want an explanation why hit me up in game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement