Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No summer this year?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance for a summer this year at all? :( Maybe not even summer, at least one or two weeks of sunshine! It's not funny anymore...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

that New Zealand guy who predicts the weather said june was gonna be wet but july and august would be hot.

I just hope he is right... whoever he is.. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Having no summer is part of the IMF deal and also, somewhere towards the back of the Lisbon Treaty we ceded control over our weather to Hermann van Rumpuoy in his hollowed out volcano.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Same summer we have been having since the late 80s, nothing new. If you want sun hop on a plane, thats what i do.

Same summer we have been having since the late 80s, nothing new. If you want sun hop on a plane, thats what i do.

I would if I could, but I fear to fly and that takes away all the pleasure. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

Robbo wrote: »
    Having no summer is part of the IMF deal and also, somewhere towards the back of the Lisbon Treaty we ceded control over our weather to Hermann van Rumpuoy in his hollowed out volcano.

If we meet the IMF/ECB targets can we swap our winter for the Greek or Portuguese summer:D

• Advertisement

softmee wrote: »
    I would if I could, but I fear to fly and that takes away all the pleasure. :mad:
    I used to not fly either but do now and you should try to conquer it, not that bad when you try it ;). Otherwise, invest in some nice shiny wellies.

I used to not fly either but do now and you should try to conquer it, not that bad when you try it ;). Otherwise, invest in some nice shiny wellies.

I tried -not once and every time I cant stop thinking about engines on fire and plane crashing. :/ Even drink or two doesnt work, its too crazy -sooo many people together in the air. :pac: Thats not normal.
    I like rain -sometimes, but I bought some paint to paint garden wall and some flowers and table.. and I didnt have a chance to sit there even once... I can only dream about hot summer evening, watching big stars with glass of wine,. ehhh/ :(

softmee wrote: »
    I tried -not once and every time I cant stop thinking about engines on fire and plane crashing. :/ Even drink or two doesnt work, its too crazy -sooo many people together in the air. :pac: Thats not normal.
    I like rain -sometimes, but I bought some paint to paint garden wall and some flowers and table.. and I didnt have a chance to sit there even once... I can only dream about hot summer evening, watching big stars with glass of wine,. ehhh/ :(
    Try hypnotism maybe. I just got over it when i had to fly for work and been fine since.

Advertisement