Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large scale confidential shredding

• 24-06-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this in the right forum or if anyone here could possibly give me a rough idea but I was wondering would anyone here know what options are available for the confidential destruction of a large volume of paper records. I know shredding is one. Also would anyone have a rough idea of how much it would cost to shred 3 white bin full trolley loads of confidential waste? If anyone could put this posting in the appropriate forum or help me out here it would be much appreciated. There would be 200 trips to destroy the waste on site i.e I just want to get a ballmark figure on costs and options involved. i presume a lot of the work is weight based. Also what options are there in terms of buying an industrial shredder rathers then outsourcing the work to a contractor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

No idea but I think that I would go the buying a shredder route. My guess is that a trustworthy company will be expensive & that you should avoid a cheap company like the plague. I recently got a package that used shreddings as packing. They were very readable !.

At least in house you can do it in small quantities to avoid a build up & the documents never leave your premises. Maybe you could also find a use for the shreddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks Disgodog for the info. Would anyone have a ballmark for costs involved in contracting a company to either do the destruction on the work site or back at thier base. Say if 50 cates preduced 3 full trolley loads of bags of paper material to be destroyed (multiply this by about 500 trolley loads of bags of confidential waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

have a look at this.
    http://www.grm.ie/company-services.php?cat=72&page=document-destruction
    you can phone for a free quote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Obviously nobody bothers to use the Golden Pages or Google anymore.

Its not rocket science.

http://www.shredit.ie/once-off-paper-shredding.asp

Advertisement