Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel Card

• 24-06-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

:p Sorry for the random nature of this thread but I was just wondering, what age do you have to be to obtain a Student Travel Card?.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Not sure that there's a certain age. think just in secondary school, I got one at 16 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Just have to be a student! Most people get them at 16 when they're no longer eligible to travel as a child. You need to get your school to stamp and sign some stuff and that's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I'm going to be going to and from malahide-maynooth in uni next year and I'm planning on still using mine. Is this wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

You have to be in TY, or above, to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Thanks Guys! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fbjm wrote: »
    I'm going to be going to and from malahide-maynooth in uni next year and I'm planning on still using mine. Is this wise?

It is, until you get caught.
    Far easier get Maynooth to stamp a new card for you and do it legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

spurious wrote: »
    It is, until you get caught.
    Far easier get Maynooth to stamp a new card for you and do it legit.

I thought you had to be under 19 to use one? Do universities stamp them for you too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Your card is still valid even if you have left the school, they never check to see if you are still going there!

Most unis have an office where you can get it there on the spot. No age limit that I know of, so if you are in uni you can use one. I'm 22 and still using it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Fbjm wrote: »
    I thought you had to be under 19 to use one? Do universities stamp them for you too?

Most student union's will issue them on the spot for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Most student union's will issue them on the spot for you.

Or wait until fresher's week, AIB always give you a free one for signing up with them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Any ideas on how to get one now? Surely my old school wont stamp them now I'm finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Biff Tannen

Its a waste of money dont bother with it.

They took off half off the discounted retailers such as cdwow.

Advertisement