Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuition Fees for mature students in UL if you hold Level6 or 7 award

Options
  • 24-06-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi to all.
    I am a mature student who holds a Fetac level6 award and i was offered a place in Electronic and Computer Engineering course in UL in year one.
    I rang admissions today to ask about tuition fees and I was unpleasantly surprised to hear that anyone who holds Level6 or 7 award is liable for tuition fees of 7834 EURO(this includes the reg fee) for the first year of the course. I have been on BTEA for the last 2 years doing Fetac Level 5 and 6 and I am eligible for "free fees" scheme but still I was told that Admissions in UL received an email from the HEA to tell everyone doing year 1(2011-2012) that they are liable for tuition fees if they hold Level6 or 7 award. Does anyone know anything about this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mc3ac

I would read this - it from the finance section of the UL website:

http://www.ul.ie/finance/fees.php

Its got detailed info on fees for the 10/11 year.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bombibom

According to this http://www.ul.ie/finance/docs/FeeRegulations1011.pdf I qualify for free fees but this is for 2010/2011.
    There's no 2011/2012 publication out yet but I was still told that I have to pay tuition fees for the first year.It is no good news for students going to UL already achieved level 6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mc3ac

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you check studentfinance.ie if you hold a Level 6 award and intend studying a higher award (i.e. Level 7/8), I was under the impression that you do not have to pay full tuition fees in the coming year but you must pay the incoming 2000euro charge, I think if they were to make a major change like in your situation, it would have already been offically announced. Again, it depends on your own personal circumstances, although the above website has all the information regarding fees/grants, etc.

Advertisement