Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Self Install Help

Options
  • 24-06-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys!.
    I'm new to this so please take it easy on me.

Currently, we only have analogue tv coming into the house(via roof aerial) and then it splits into the 3 main tvs. The only channels we get are RTE1+2, tv3,tg4, bbc1+2, utv and c4.

Since the digital switchover is happening soon enough,I was thinking it would be easier to get upc and pay a monthly bill than pay for 3 saorview boxes @ €99 each....until i got onto upc and was told that it would be 70eur per room/tv to install it.

I'm just wondering is there anyway i can get my friend who's an electrician to do some of the wiring and reduce the installation price from €210 for three tvs to something cheaper?

Thanks in advance! :D

(btw pics would be super if possible!)
    Oh i forgot to mention that we live outside the city and there are no underground cables outside

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

UPC is a cable company, they have no cables in the countryside!

You seem to want a Free to Air sat set up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 2426Gal

According to the upc website and the lady i was talking to i am able to get just tv which is all i want. I presumed through a satellite dish or something similar ???!!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You are on the Satellite forum, UPC are cable only.

It sounds like what you want (if you insists on all three TVs having saorview channels) is two sat set up, one for Free to air UK channels and one for Saorview channels - its called Saorsat

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055968485

Advertisement