Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of setting up an iPhone app

Options
  • 24-06-2011 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi There,

Just looking for some information on the cost of getting an iphone app created. I work for a delivery company and we are toying with the idea of getting an app produced for us to promote ourselves or cost dependent - being able to book via ones iphone. I am only at the research stage so any advise or imput would be most welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jgalvin

Hi Charles,

It's very variable depending on what you need. Could be something as simple as a mobile-friendly version of your website, or a simple brochure written in HTML5, that would be cheap to produce ( < €1000).

For a delivery company, you could probably get creative and think up some good ideas for a richer interactive experience - integrating with inventory tracking database, location-based functionality etc., then you would have to get an estimate. Very generally speaking, my company does iPhone apps usually between €5,000 - €10,000 which is expensive just for promotion / marketing gimmick, but if it offers real functionality that differentiates you from your competitors then it could be a good investment.

In my opinion, it does sound like your company should have a presence on the iPhone. Maybe even a shell of an app on the app store for promotion and basic functionality. If you wanted to expand on that, it would depend on how big your market is, how many of your users would find the app useful, etc. Safest bet is to put something cheap and simple out there to begin with that can be upgraded and added to if you find there is demand.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just throwing my 2 cents out there. To be honest, I'm just at the idea of a courier application that you could arrange pick up. With an iPhone's GPS you could nearly pin point the person making it very easy for a courier to find you.

I know for you folks in the city it's easy but us country folk spend a lot of time on the phone to a courier explaining exactly where we live. Be if for deliveries or collections.

A company that set up an app to allow users to Send packages but also remember the coordinates of the users address would make life very easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MCashe

Hi there, I am thinking about setting up an app for my restaurant which would allow customer to order from the app and the order to be sent straight to the kitchen with the time and name of collection or/and address for delivery. I was wondering the cost of this sort of app?? On the app will be some information on my place and the menu. You will need to be signed in with your card details to order. Any information on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should start a new thread as this one is years old. There's also not enough detail in your post for anyone to be of any real help. You need a clearly defined list of requirements and design ideas to start with, you don't even give an indicator of whether you have the back end software to receive and process the request or even the hardware in your restaurant to display or print it? Since you also want credit card details to be handled by the application security will have to be looked and and how you handle those details and the payment process. From the little info you have given you are looking at 4 figures minimum.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Agreed!
    MCashe, please start a new thread giving as much detail as possible & I'm sure you will get more help.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement