Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in.... Canberra

Options
  • 24-06-2011 4:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Heading there next weekend for the Irish exhibition in the National Museum of Australia.
    http://www.nma.gov.au/exhibitions/irish_in_australia/
    Ye guys should check it out..

Anyway, what else is there to do down that way? I hear it is pretty cold at the moment there. War memorial is meant to be good, any outdoor things to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 greenline

Was at that exhibition a few weeks back- it is much bigger than I expected- loads to see- allow lots of time;-)

We also did the War Museum, even though it would not normally be my thing I really enjoyed it. We went to the Parliament as well- it is open seven days and interesting to see. I wanted to "do" the National Portrait Gallery but we ran out of time.

The skifields were too far for us to go- about two hours I think by car. What sort of outdoor things do you mean? We went for a walk and saw some kangaroos, but I am thinking this is not what you meant!

Are you driving? There are some wineries on the way if you want to stop off.

Advertisement