Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Jimi Hendrix have a six-pack?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭

The reason I ask this seemingly ludicrous question is because I was watching a film biopic of Jimi Hendrix on TV last night, imaginatively titled "Hendrix". The actor playing the part of Jimi Hendrix had a six-pack and used every opportunity to show it off.
    It seemed strange because I didn't think Jimi would've had much time to pop to the gym every day, what with all that drinking, drug-taking and not to mention the orgies. Presumably the only six pack that Hendrix ever had was the beer to wash down the pills with.

It wasn't a bad film (just about fair) but the fact that Hendrix was depicted as toned and muscular was stretching credibility too much. I'm surprised that the producers and director decided to overlook such a glaring anomaly with the lead actor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260949/

Comments

He was toned alright: Jimi-Hendrix2.jpg
    Diets were healthier then, and drugs knock the weight off you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You don't need to go to the gym to have a six pack, at Hendrix's weight he probably did have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Isn't this the film that didn't actually have access to any of Hendrix's songs? Seems a bit strange that you would make a film about Hendrix and not use any of his songs, so I really won't trust a film like this to be very accurate.

Advertisement