Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 24-06-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anyone know number for meteor so i can talk to some person and not a stupid voice record asking me to press buttons for info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Prepay +353 1 430 7066
    Billpay +353 1 430 7085

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

No luck with the numbers just told me to ring 1747 which i already had and im sick of the fella talking its so annoying have lost 10e because free texts never came through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Story_Bud wrote: »
    No luck with the numbers just told me to ring 1747 which i already had and im sick of the fella talking its so annoying have lost 10e because free texts never came through

Well just listen to him and follow his options, then you can actually speak to someone. Otherwise email them, but it will probably take a day for them to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

What's the issue anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 z0wkey

never one to start my own thread..

issues with Meteor:
    1) customer care by phone says that I can move to a new more expensive plan
    2) when I go into the shop they say I can't as there's some sort of block on my account
    3) on Meteor boards they promise to look into it and then don't reply (for months...)

you'll find the whole thread here:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showforum=35

look for -> Upgrade To More Expensive Plan During Existing Contract 17 John G 1,878 6th July 2011 - 09:20 PM
    Last post by: John G

Given that I have been unable to resolve this (and my contract is up today!!!) I am moving to an alternate provider but am fully aware that all providers have their failings just that Meteor has, in this case, proved to be the worst of the lot

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a03bf4d9

Are the rumors true about METEOR introducing a 15c charge for voice mail??
    Absolutely scandalous in this day & age. Have been with them for a number of years now.

Signed up in College to avail of the phone a friend for free (for life) deal. Deal lasted 3 years subject to topping up a 20 per month which was done. Was cut off out of nowhere with little to no explanation for it. As many of you will know Pay as You Go Customers are treated as the 3rd Class Citizens on the Titanic. If Customer Service Agents are lifeboats then there are not enough to cater for the volume of passengers/ customers.

Another little hurdle in recent months has been the out of the blue removal of mobile data service. Using an Iphone which is effectively an Ipod now.

Never write in these blogs but felt the need to air my annoyance. Overall I would rate these guys 3/10. To sum up; Customer Service is appalling (if you have the patience to wait 40 minutes to reach someone). Ryanair of mobile providers in Dublin. Cost cutting at the detriment of customers to inflate bonuses of company Executives.

Advice to anyone considering a move DON'T DO IT. All of my friends use competitors; O2, Vodafone & 3 and never experience problems. Hope to be forever rid of them very soon.

Sorry for the rant & please comment highlighting your experience of them (good or bad). As we all know if enough noise is made in Ireland something is done quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

a03bf4d9 wrote: »
    Are the rumors true about METEOR introducing a 15c charge for voice mail??
    Absolutely scandalous in this day & age. Have been with them for a number of years now.
    Not rumour, the voicemail charge has been there a while now. Bit over the top to call it "scandalous", disappointing. But not as disappointing as the 50c charge to call customer care.
    Signed up in College to avail of the phone a friend for free (for life) deal. Deal lasted 3 years subject to topping up a 20 per month which was done. Was cut off out of nowhere with little to no explanation for it. As many of you will know Pay as You Go Customers are treated as the 3rd Class Citizens on the Titanic. If Customer Service Agents are lifeboats then there are not enough to cater for the volume of passengers/ customers.
    The phone a friend for free deal was restricted to one Meteor customer, it was replaced with free calls to ALL meteor customers. Why would you complain about that? A massive improvement. Third class customers? Absolutely not. The prepay offers on pretty much all networks are better than most low to mid end bill play plans (depending on individual usage of course). And anyway, who could blame mobile networks for prioritising bill pay customers? A customer on contract is more valuable to them than a prepay customer who can port away anytime they want. And there are plenty of people who will tell you that they get treated by dirt despite being bill pay customers (check out the talk to forums on the biz section to find plenty of examples)
    Another little hurdle in recent months has been the out of the blue removal of mobile data service. Using an Iphone which is effectively an Ipod now.
    What the hell are you talking about??:confused: First I've heard of this, and I know a few people using iphones on Meteor with no problems.
    Never write in these blogs but felt the need to air my annoyance. Overall I would rate these guys 3/10. To sum up; Customer Service is appalling (if you have the patience to wait 40 minutes to reach someone). Ryanair of mobile providers in Dublin. Cost cutting at the detriment of customers to inflate bonuses of company Executives.

Advice to anyone considering a move DON'T DO IT. All of my friends use competitors; O2, Vodafone & 3 and never experience problems. Hope to be forever rid of them very soon.

Sorry for the rant & please comment highlighting your experience of them (good or bad). As we all know if enough noise is made in Ireland something is done quickly.
    I've used all four major networks in this country at various stages, take it from me; they're all pretty much the same. Customer care leaves a lot to be desired on ALL networks. Particularly Three; but on the flipside they seem to be by far the best value.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It always amazes me that people with a post count of generally less than 20 always moan about networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

antodeco wrote: »
    It always amazes me that people with a post count of generally less than 20 always moan about networks.
    Two posts, one on a thread a year old and the second on a thread 7 years old :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement