Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

war + pvp

Options
  • 24-06-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

OP Much? Yea, ye can fo & smb. Loada me balls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Um... what?

Care to say what class you're playing, possibly a link.

I PvP as a Warrior, so I can give some tips if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Um... what?

Care to say what class you're playing, possibly a link.

I PvP as a Warrior, so I can give some tips if you want.

me

Hardly the best gear/spec in fairness, but every war i come across is near impossible to kill regardless of their gear! Its only wars that give me grief! Were talkin 2 minutes of fighting one on one, im oom, war is near full HP! Its doing my nut in!! :pac:

DK's and pala's arent too bad - they are hard, but i can at least put up a fight against them.

Going by Spec on the Armory right now I see you're Feral.
    So I'll give you advice based on that.

1) As feral, do not go toe to toe against us, with your high Dodge rating as Cat/Bear you'll just allow us to spam Overpower in your face. We will kill you this way if we have our heals up.

2) Keep your bleeds up as best you can, it will be your main way of doing damage. Try and stay behind the Warrior as much as possible, so obviously if you're a clicker, you'll need to learn to keybind.

3) Exploit the Warrior Deadzone. Good Rogues/Ferals are able to keep themselves at a distance where we cannot attack them, but cannot charge either. Use your snares and Roots to hold us in place.

4) Bleeds > instant damage attacks. Use them all the time, and keep them up. With your mobility, snares and roots you can ensure we cannot hit you, whilst we die slowly to bleeds.

This isn't a guarantee you'll beat us, as frankly a good Warrior will be a Feral 1v1.

This is me
    Sorry for not being the best geared, I quit for a few months of Cata and fell behind the guild :P

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

+1 to Sonic's advice. Zybak put up a good video of him dueling Swifty a while back, might be handy to watch for some tips for feral vs war.
    Here's the video:

Edit: Also looking at your armory, you could do with enchanting your gear and reforging too. I'm not sure what ferals are supposed to gem/reforge for at the moment for pvp, but I'd say the info is around somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

I didn't know you could shadow meld while in combat!

• Advertisement

Surion wrote: »
    I didn't know you could shadow meld while in combat!

Was added in Wrath of the Lich King.
    It also drops aggro if you time it well.

But I played cata for about 3 months, and couldn't! Have I been cheated???

And, if I could play like that guy in the clip, jaysus!! I'm seriously impressed...like someone more well hung than me! :eek: I guess should stop just running up and pressing hithithit lol. Even bought the belkin button thingy, was still crap lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

should be pretty easy to 3 shot a warrior now, tiger fury, unheaded + fb for about 30k, no worries while your bleeds solo them.

Feral dmg is retarded now.

On a side note, your gear doesn't help.

thirdly, zybak is the worst feral druid / player in wow history.

blodvyn wrote: »

thirdly, zybak is the worst feral druid / player in wow history.

wait what?

See this is where we differ.
    What's your personal expierience in wow pvp.

I've pld arena since s1, I've been glad every season bar season4 and I've been r1 twice, deadly and this year vicious.

I'n our community of non-retards zybak and the likes of swifty get mocked and abused, quite similar to when people who played counter-strike in the top leagues in the uk - csgn prem mocked people who played enemydown.

Even tho enemydown teams had plenty of followers that found them good, aka you :D

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/200307-zybak-feral-druid-pvp-videos-and-other-fun-stuff/

If you actualyl would like to learn something about wow pvp and how its actually played, go look at some movies from people who've played at 3k+ or actualyl have tournaments like mlg and blizzcon and the likes to their names, not some 2400 retards like zybak and swifty lol..

For instance, sonii the feral druid, who hadn't played for 3 years, game back to the game for one week a season or 2 ago on horde stormscale and hit 3k with a random priest on what was then the hardest horde bg in europe.

Enigmz, hrk, Hydra, Kalimist, hoodrch, sonii, evleh, anotherx, barbarus

all top top players.

• Advertisement

See this is where we differ.
    What's your personal expierience in wow pvp.

I've pld arena since s1, I've been glad every season bar season4 and I've been r1 twice, deadly and this year vicious.

I'n our community of non-retards zybak and the likes of swifty get mocked and abused, quite similar to when people who played counter-strike in the top leagues in the uk - csgn prem mocked people who played enemydown.

Even tho enemydown teams had plenty of followers that found them good, aka you :D

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/200307-zybak-feral-druid-pvp-videos-and-other-fun-stuff/

If you actualyl would like to learn something about wow pvp and how its actually played, go look at some movies from people who've played at 3k+ or actualyl have tournaments like mlg and blizzcon and the likes to their names, not some 2400 retards like zybak and swifty lol..

For instance, sonii the feral druid, who hadn't played for 3 years, game back to the game for one week a season or 2 ago on horde stormscale and hit 3k with a random priest on what was then the hardest horde bg in europe.

Enigmz, hrk, Hydra, Kalimist, hoodrch, sonii, evleh, anotherx, barbarus

all top top players.

My personal experience is Rank 13 Vanilla Warrior on Darkspear US (irony I know).
    Now, on EU servers I did serious Arena until season 3 with a Warrior/Rogue set up in 2's, then I realized just how much Arena bores me, so I stopped doing it for the duration of Wrath.

But, on to the point.
    Zybak is not a bad Druid, but he is certainly not the best either, far from it.
    Arena Junkies has always been the 4chan of the various wow forums, filled with internet hero's who claim to be the best at everything, whilst anyone who is more "popular" to be the worst player ever.

I was lucky enough to play in Cadia and Infamous back in the day, and Swifty was a great Warrior even then. He also has never claimed to be the best, and openly admits players like Vurux are dozens more are better than him.
    The only people who diss on him and Zybak are the close minded little sods who feel the need to press down on someone with more "fame" in a computer game.

It's got NOTHING to do with fame.

I can guarantee you that more people know who HYDRA is than swifty or zybak put together, the difference being you won't find one of those players who think Hydra is bad......................

Null and void.

On a side note, they're awful pvpers, FACT! looking at them backpeddling and clicking in arena makes me want to vomit.

It's got NOTHING to do with fame.

I can guarantee you that more people know who HYDRA is than swifty or zybak put together, the difference being you won't find one of those players who think Hydra is bad......................

Null and void.

On a side note, they're awful pvpers, FACT! looking at them backpeddling and clicking in arena makes me want to vomit.

Yeah Hydra is probably the best Arena PvP'er (from a Priest point of view) out there, well renowned within the PvP community, but I'd openly say the likes of Swifty of much better known on the over-all WoW community.
    Let's not forget that Incredible Warrior Tricks 1&2 were the most highly watched videos of the time.

As for being awful PvP'ers, well frankly, no they're not. You don't get to 2.4k by being an awful player, it just doesn't happen unless you are completely carried by R1 people.
    Awful PvP'ers will never pass 1.6k in 3's as a TSG/KFC/RMP setup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Warcraft's PvP is **** anyway :pac:

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Yeah Hydra is probably the best Arena PvP'er (from a Priest point of view) out there, well renowned within the PvP community, but I'd openly say the likes of Swifty of much better known on the over-all WoW community.
    Let's not forget that Incredible Warrior Tricks 1&2 were the most highly watched videos of the time.

As for being awful PvP'ers, well frankly, no they're not. You don't get to 2.4k by being an awful player, it just doesn't happen unless you are completely carried by R1 people.
    Awful PvP'ers will never pass 1.6k in 3's as a TSG/KFC/RMP setup.

I'll stop talking now, cause you've obviously got no concept of what you're talking about when it comes to pvp.

Let me point out that 2400 is in NO way a feat of strength.
    This was proved this season by swiftys new movie where he played a WARRIOR and used a "ONE SHOT MACRO" he's got a 50% win ratio at 2400, sorry but that's ****ing awful.

His positioning is god awful, he doesnt kick, he can't peel, he doesnt focus, he's downright god AWFUL. anyone whos played the game at a high level will tell you this, aka him heroic leaping to get to a priest after he rages a sap, rofl.

stop talking please, this whole argument was about him and zybak being awful at pvp, both of which they are. FACT!

Any retard can get 2.4k, there is a druid who couldnt get over 2.2k last sesaon on haomarush, he goes and plays MLD now on outland-misery and is 3k rated. and guess what hes STILL awful.

Kiith wrote: »
    Warcraft's PvP is **** anyway :pac:

As opposed to who's?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Comedian

I liked the video.
    It is certainly more informative then the standard pvp videos I seen.
    I even checked out some Hydra ones over at youtube but they're just poor res videos with bad rock music..
    So where is the best resource to learn up on pvp??

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Semi agree'ing with some debate, here. People such as Swifty are reknowned for past movies as opposed to their 'PvP prowess' such as Insane Warrior Tricks.

Lately people like him are scoffed at constantly in any of their latest PvP movies and even random joe-soap scrubs will be happy to point out all the mistakes and bad play he willingly shows in said PvP movies.

Meanwhile, people like Hydra are reknowned for skill and skill alone. He's not up for making fun, spasticated movies of insane Priest tricks or making self-vlog type movies of him at his phat over-expensive gaming rig talking **** while playing the game, he makes only highest rated arena movies showing how it's done.

Ironically, I don't even like said type of movies - And I'm a PvP Priest!

I make (or made, I should say) my own cluster-tonne of spasticated movies and have seen more of Swifty's than I have of Hydra's as I used to find them entertaining up to a certain point - All the "X Rating 2/3/5v/2/3/5 Arena" movies, regardless of skill, bore me to tears even if I should monitor them for learning purposes.

In short, be careful who you draw inspiration from because as many have said, since Cataclysm, the '1800' of TBC is now 2.4k rating... Anyone and everyone gets it these days, not through skill but composition. You see horribads you used to lolstomp in the past casually sitting at any 2k+ rating despite knowing they wouldn't know their class-ass from their spec-elbow and love keyturning like a nonce in durotar failing in duels between matches but that's just how it is.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Swifty is terrible - He puts a lot of time into the class he plays so he's beyond the average joe, but he's by no means anything exceptional that people should look to for tips in terms of PvP.

Not played Warrior properly since mid-WotLK when it was my secondary - Given it up for Cataclysm in place of my Main (SP) and new 2nd, Enh-Shaman...

When I think back at Warrior PvP, one movie springs to mind:

For those who say they find Arena boring, it's down to your mentality. Some people's idea of fun is 'progress' - People like me find their fun from mundane nonsense, got so many movies of arena movies where me and mates are just lolling around giggling like children on Vent after doing some crazy bull****.

If I lost to swifty in a 3's match I'd slit my wrists and quit the game, fact!

He's awful, end of. I hear athene is gunna carry him now so no worries, 2 baddies together recking bg's lal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If I lost to swifty in a 3's match I'd slit my wrists and quit the game, fact!

I don't believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

So where would be a good place to go for some warrior pvp tips? Just started messing about on a warrior and I am God awful :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

FACT!!!

Advertisement