Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjustly Permabanned from tLL

Options
  • 24-06-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

I have recently been permabanned from tLL and my two recent issues with the moderation of two posts there (and how I dealt with them) were the reasons given for this permaban. Here are those those moderation issues and precisely how I dealt with them:

1. Last month I posted in a thread in tLL and I was moderated for that post and told that because I used 'whataboutery' (to explain my thinking on the contention of the OP) that post was now seen as "derailing" in nature. I PM'd the moderators of the forum. This was fruitless and so (as per the Boards.ie procedure on disputes) I started a DRP thread which was later moved to the Help Desk (as I had not being banned or infracted). The thread went on to be locked by the moderator who's moderation I was disputing, acting then in their role as Admin.

2. Later that week a thread was started in Feedback by a separate user concerning the very same issue that I had just come up against in tLL (just what defines "male input") and that is the ONLY Feedback thread which I have contributed to on this issue.

3. Two days ago I posted these the following two posts (1, 2) on a thread in tLL. The same moderator as had moderated my post last month, replied to my post again and based on one of my points, asked me a question (in a dismissive tone). I answered this question and then received another reply which I view as snide and wholly unnecessary and again this moderator implied that my post was not qualifying as "male input". I reported this post and made it clear that I feel that I my contribution to the thread was fine and in no way went against the ethos of tLL, which appeared to be the suggestion once again.

A member of Admin then PM'd me a few hours later and said that they had seen the Feedback thread, the HD thread and my reported post and that I was now banned from ever posting in tLL again. The following day I was also told that I was also banned from ever 'thanking' posts there either and so obviously this was a permaban in all but name. I made that point and so am now officially permabaned. This member of Admin also went on to clarify a few reasons for my permban which I would like to address:

1. They have claimed that the regulars of tLL do not see eye to eye with me and never will. This is simply not true. I get along very well with the vast majority of regulars of tLL when elsewhere on the forum and have not had the chance to engage with them in tLL (as I rarely post there). One female regular replied to my post the other night though and agreed with some of the points I raised but I did not get a chance to reply to them as I was banned from posting at that stage.

2. It was also claimed that I have been cleverly posting in such a way as to avoid bans and/or infractions and I feel this is ludicrous as this all concerns just four recent posts, not years and years of just pushing mods as far as they can go. All four posts just contain my opinions on whatever matters I was replying to, nothing more and nothing less.

The facts are that I have been permabanned from a forum that I have never so much as had one infraction in. The Charter in tLL clearly states:
    We do welcome male input..
    My recent four posts should qualify as that and especially so with the most recent two but even if they did not, even if they fall short of what qualifies as "male input," banning a user permanently from a forum for that reason is completely unjust. My HD thread and contributions to one Feedback thread have been referred to by Admin as "creating trouble" for the mods also and that I was "campaigning" against the mods. I feel this to be ridiculous, a user should be able dispute moderation decisions without fear of it being flung back in their face and used as an excuse to permaban them from a forum should they ever report a post in that forum.

In short, I am disputing this ban and would like to know why my last four posts there should be considered in such poor light, that I now need to be permbanned form tLL as a result if them.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You have been dealt with already by an Admin and that is the end of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement