Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

• 24-06-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

Soo.. UL has one, so this shall be the DCU thread!

Hopefully I'll be going there to study MINT! I'm Noel, 18, from Waterford! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Yeah I wanna go there too Edmond, 17 from Galway (This thread looks like the minutes of an AA meeting... :D) I'm hoping on doing Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

mee!
    i have european business and french, business international and apllied language and intercultural studies down on my CAO
    would really love to go here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Soo.. UL has one, so this shall be the DCU thread!

Hopefully I'll be going there to study MINT! I'm Noel, 18, from Waterford! :D

It was UL last week for you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

RHunce wrote: »

<_<

>_>

THAT WAS MY EVIL TWIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I have DCU down as my top two choices. Really hoping to do Business with German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

RHunce wrote: »
    And DIT and .... >.<

You're going to DCU to study mints, Noel?! 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

And DIT and .... >.<

You're going to DCU to study mints, Noel?! 0_o

Tut tut stalk my life <_<

Marketing, Innovation and Technology ---> MINT:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Tut tut stalk my life <_<
    Oh, there are far more interesting lives to stalk!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Aoife, 19 (with the last two days), from Waterford, wants to do Journalism.

this looks like one of them ads in a WLTM column!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

I hope to do genetics & cell biology in DCU, but its my 3rd choice :D 19 -->Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

DCU is my first choice out of the 10.. But I don't wanna go there..! :P

Forgot to introduce myself... But I don't need an introduction..! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

James, 17. I live about 15 minutes away from DCU. ;)

Hoping to do Computer Applications.

DCU is my first choice out of the 10.. But I don't wanna go there..! :P

Forgot to introduce myself... But I don't need an introduction..! :P
    If you don't wanna go there why did you put DCU as your 1st choice on CAO list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

szybki wrote: »
    If you don't wanna go there why did you put DCU as your 1st choice on CAO list?

There more options in life than your 10 choices on a CAO form.

sure....... but if you don't like it, don't go there .... there is many other colleges that may suit you better. The course takes usually 4 years. Its mad to go to college you don't like and spend there 4 years ....... but its only my opinion and you will do what will suit you....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If I was 17/18 again, DCU would be my choice - in my day it was called the National Institute for Higher Education and was surrounded by fields.

I have two siblings who went there - excellent courses and standards. While the rest of us were dossing around academia on 12 and 16 hour weeks, they were in til 5 every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leaving Cert 2013

Nagikami wrote: »
    Yeah I wanna go there too Edmond, 17 from Galway (This thread looks like the minutes of an AA meeting... :D) I'm hoping on doing Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies...

My name is Seán, 16 and I put the same down on my Cao form, i want to japanese and french:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

DCU isn't my first choice, but I have it down there! :)
    Chloe, 18, hoping to do Economics, Politics & Law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

There more options in life than your 10 choices on a CAO form.

*ahem* "There are" Sorry =D

I figured why put down as many as 10 if you know what you want to do =P But yeah for a lot of people there actually aren't that many options (Especially if you're stuck in Hicksville with no money and no job opportunities)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I have Business and Transatlantic Studies down first,whether or not I get it is another thing.
    How far away from the city centre is it? The one negative thing is that it hardly as the same reputation as the likes of Trinity or UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vDarr

Darren, 18, from Mayo, hopefully I'll be doing Computer Applications next year :eek: can't wait xD

Any ideas on where you'll all be staying next year? :confused: trying to sort mine out now... Larkfield seems like the typical first year accomidation but Hampstead seems much more appealing :cool: but I'd hate to get stuck with four fourth years :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I have Business and Transatlantic Studies down first,whether or not I get it is another thing.
    How far away from the city centre is it? The one negative thing is that it hardly as the same reputation as the likes of Trinity or UCD.

Regarding the reputation, that depends who you ask.

Many innovative companies have a huge regard for DCU graduates. When it was being set up, they did the then unthinkable and asked industry what they wanted in a graduate. Experts from industry are involved in the design of courses in DCU.

Distance from city centre is about 5km or just over 3 miles. It's on a number of bus routes and also feeder bus routes from DART stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Genetics and cell biology is my third choice. If it was an option after the common entry into science it would be my first choice. I think the website is far more impressive then any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Accounting and Finance is my realistic first choice anyone else up for a bitta AF banter :)

Genetics and cell biology is my third choice. If it was an option after the common entry into science it would be my first choice. I think the website is far more impressive then any of the others.

It is an option after common entry into science in DCU, but there is limited number of places available
    check the qualifax webside
    http://www.qualifax.ie/qf/QFPublic/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=2165&CSH_ID=4&AdvancedKeyword=&ResetCount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

szybki wrote: »
    It is an option after common entry into science in DCU, but there is limited number of places available
    check the qualifax webside
    http://www.qualifax.ie/qf/QFPublic/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=2165&CSH_ID=4&AdvancedKeyword=&ResetCount=1

Thank you very much, greatly appreciated doesn't show that on the website, how embarassing when I've just praised it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

If anyone has any general questions about DCU or the sciences courses in DCU, I can try my best to answer them!

I'm just finished my 1st year there studying Biotech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

If anyone has any general questions about DCU or the sciences courses in DCU, I can try my best to answer them!

What's the on campus accomodation like, do you know?

I'm just finished my 1st year there studying Biotech.
    #
    DO you have any idea did peple form general science had many troubles getting in for genetics in second year ???
    was there many places available ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'm looking to go there either for Journalism, Communications or Multimedia.

DCUFM is the breaker for me, but still undecided if i will be going there or to BFIE.

The BJJ/MMA club also a positive too.

Advertisement