Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Aoifums wrote: »
    It was on the Future Students of DCU post about 14 hours ago.

Alcomohol :o The cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.
    Wait a minute. . . *dawning realisation* THAT WAS ME!!! :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek: haha how random is that??!!

Gotta love alcohol. . .see my above post about college essentials for further details haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

So it wasn't deliberate? That's brilliant :D

I saw and I approve ;)

So it wasn't deliberate? That's brilliant :D
    Oh God, no, it wasn't deliberate at all!! I don't remember now what you said but I know that at the time I agreed with it.
    Aoifums wrote:
    I saw and I approve ;)
    I think you and I should be friends :D

Absolutely :D

Absolutely :D
    Shur throw me an aul add on Facebook sometime if you're bored now you know where I am!! Haha also, myself and xaoifsx had an idea for hoodies. . .are you game?

• Advertisement

Why not? It's funny. You two will be livin it up in Larkfield. I wish I was moving out.

Why not? It's funny. You two will be livin it up in Larkfield. I wish I was moving out.
    You're not going on campus?? Why not?? I feel separated already :(

You're not going on campus?? Why not?? I feel separated already :(

I live about a 45 minute walk from campus. It won't be more than a 20 minute bike ride so I can't move out for the next four years :(

I live about a 45 minute walk from campus. It won't be more than a 20 minute bike ride so I can't move out for the next four years :(
    Awh man :( You are totally welcome to come stay in my room whenever you want to!! (If I get in, must get in first!!!)

Awh man :( You are totally welcome to come stay in my room whenever you want to!! (If I get in, must get in first!!!)

Thanks :D You're the third person to offer me their floor to sleep on.

• Advertisement

Thanks :D You're the third person to offer me their floor to sleep on.
    Oooh, look at Little Miss Popular over here :P NO fear of you so!!!
    Haha seriously though, if you need a roof let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

...blah, blah, blah Pizza number, blah, blah, blah...

How loved will I be :cool::cool::cool:
    Clearly you understand my love of pizza :P

Oooh, look at Little Miss Popular over here :P NO fear of you so!!!
    Haha seriously though, if you need a roof let me know :)
    I think you have to pay to let somebody crash... but if they don't know.... ;)

Nagikami wrote: »

I think you have to pay to let somebody crash... but if they don't know.... ;)

What?? :eek: Silly security :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

they take 5 euro out of your deposit to have someone stay over, and you gotta fill out a form by 12 the day before. If your going to be inside before 11.30pm and don't attract securities attention your fine. But its pretty impossible to get someone in after that. On busy nights security check all your IDs coming in and scan to check you live on campus. At night the surrounding gates are locked so you can only come in past the security desk.

At least your very safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Noodleworm wrote: »
    they take 5 euro out of your deposit to have someone stay over, and you gotta fill out a form by 12 the day before. If your going to be inside before 11.30pm and don't attract securities attention your fine. But its pretty impossible to get someone in after that. On busy nights security check all your IDs coming in and scan to check you live on campus. At night the surrounding gates are locked so you can only come in past the security desk.

But what if your deposit runs out from having a friend crash every night...

This might sound like a stupid question. But if you live in Larkfield and you're in, say Hampstead for the night. . . do you get kicked out and sent back to Larkfield with your tail between your legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

So not friggin' impressed with that.

So not friggin' impressed with that.
    Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Seconded.

I'll have no deposit left anyway.

I'll have no deposit left anyway.
    You're not the only one . . . I've people booked in with me already like!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

I have DCU down for my first 2 choices, Communication Studies and then Journalism.

After my leaving cert though, I'll be REALLY lucky to get either, probably will get UCD instead :/

But Communications are adding 15 extra places to the course so maybe I'll get lucky :D

WatchOut wrote: »
    I have DCU down for my first 2 choices, Communication Studies and then Journalism.
    New friend :D *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!*
    Seriously, everyone here wants science-based courses. . . Do you even KNOW how glad I am you showed up! ASL?
    After my leaving cert though, I'll be REALLY lucky to get either, probably will get UCD instead :/

But Communications are adding 15 extra places to the course so maybe I'll get lucky :D

:( Be optimistic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

New friend :D *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!*
    Seriously, everyone here wants science-based courses. . . Do you even KNOW how glad I am you showed up! ASL?

:( Be optimistic!!

:/ i hope not because i want to get into my course!!!

xaoifsx wrote: »
    :/ i hope not because i want to get into my course!!!
    Hold on, you're confusing me again. Your first choice isn't DCU so?

Hold on, you're confusing me again. Your first choice isn't DCU so?

no i meant that i hope everyone doesnt choose science because then my course will need higher poiints!!

no i meant that i hope everyone doesnt choose science because then my course will need higher poiints!!
    Ah, now I'm with ya. . . Ah don't worry. It probably won't rise too high. . . I'm holding out on a limb that Journalism won't climb by more than 20. . . It might be wishful thinking though!! :/

Ah, now I'm with ya. . . Ah don't worry. It probably won't rise too high. . . I'm holding out on a limb that Journalism won't climb by more than 20. . . It might be wishful thinking though!! :/

i'll try not to.. ill feel a bit better once i know what i got for the results..well i hope i will!! i really don't feel confident that im going to get anywhere.. we will ssee anyway :/

i'll try not to.. ill feel a bit better once i know what i got for the results..well i hope i will!! i really don't feel confident that im going to get anywhere.. we will ssee anyway :/
    I know. . . once I know how I actually did I think I'll feel a heap better. . . I'm just being a natural worrier now like more than anything

I know. . . once I know how I actually did I think I'll feel a heap better. . . I'm just being a natural worrier now like more than anything

ya.. once ya keep waking up after having dreams about getting G's in something it gets fairly nerve wrecking :(

• Advertisement

ya.. once ya keep waking up after having dreams about getting G's in something it gets fairly nerve wrecking :(
    Oh god, did I tell you of my dream? I failed both English and Irish and got D's in everything else. I wouldn't mind, but I need English, and Irish is probably my best subject!!

Advertisement