Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Oh god, did I tell you of my dream? I failed both English and Irish and got D's in everything else. I wouldn't mind, but I need English, and Irish is probably my best subject!!

I had a dream where I did so bad in French that they wouldn't even tell me what I got, and I got an F in History :( And then they wouldn't even list my other subjects because the results were so horrible... I'm feeling sick from anticipation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Nagikami wrote: »
    I had a dream where I did so bad in French that they wouldn't even tell me what I got, and I got an F in History :( And then they wouldn't even list my other subjects because the results were so horrible... I'm feeling sick from anticipation
    Seems these dreams are a common thing among the class of 2011. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Seems these dreams are a common thing among the class of 2011. . .

I had a dream where I got 3 A1's and then down at the end of the page it send 'LOL JK like you could be that smart :L lmao rolf.'

I had a dream where I got 3 A1's and then down at the end of the page it send 'LOL JK like you could be that smart :L lmao rolf.'

Haha I'd love it if that happened in real life

Wow, your corrector was a bitch. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

ya when i woke up from my dream i looked up straight away if i needed irish to get into my course..but thank god you don't neeed to pass irish anymore!! :)

xaoifsx wrote: »
    ya when i woke up from my dream i looked up straight away if i needed irish to get into my course..but thank god you don't neeed to pass irish anymore!! :)
    If you'd failed, I'd have given yu my grade. . . I'm pretty confident about my Irish

If I fail I'll cry, then I'll go to the shop buy 3 bottles of wine 2 packets JP and then bring them to bed with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

If I fail I'll cry, then I'll go to the shop buy 3 bottles of wine 2 packets JP and then bring them to bed with me.

You smoke?!

Lads.

We're not going to fail! :D

You smoke?!

Lads.

We're not going to fail! :D

No but I will if I fail.

• Advertisement

No but I will if I fail.

I'm not calling you stupid but I am gonna say that that is stupid! :D XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX <3 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get worse than the tea discussion..

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Just when I thought this thread couldn't get worse than the tea discussion..
    Fxck you Noel, that was an important discussion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Am I the only one who hasn't been getting failure dreams? :( I don't want to have them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ladies...and it does seem to be mainly ladies....
    If you want to have off-topic chat about dreams, tea, coffee or whatever else, please keep them in the OT thread.

Things are going to get very busy around here in the next week and it's really tiresome to have to keep deleting rubbish.

Next time there will be warnings.
    Thanks.

spurious wrote: »
    Ladies...and it does seem to be mainly ladies....
    If you want to have off-topic chat about dreams, tea, coffee or whatever else, please keep them in the OT thread.

Things are going to get very busy around here in the next week and it's really tiresome to have to keep deleting rubbish.

Next time there will be warnings.
    Thanks.

So, barrys or lyons?! :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :o We'll stop now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

New friend :D *yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!*
    Seriously, everyone here wants science-based courses. . . Do you even KNOW how glad I am you showed up! ASL?

:( Be optimistic!!

I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can! :P Hopefully those 15 other places will be like a God send.:rolleyes:
    Which apartments did you apply for accomadation? I applied ageeesss ago for it and I can't for the life of me remember which one I picked :p
    What do you have down after DCU for your other choices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

WatchOut wrote: »
    I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can! :P Hopefully those 15 other places will be like a God send.:rolleyes:
    Which apartments did you apply for accomadation? I applied ageeesss ago for it and I can't for the life of me remember which one I picked :p

Ha! The same thing happened to me, re: remembering which apartments I applied for! I was accepted for subsidised accommodation but by the time the CAO went in I had moved DCU from number 1, so I'm not even sure if I'll end up there anymore. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

everytime i think of college i think DCU, i just really want my top 2 choices more than anything else, i'd be greatful of any place in college but DCU was the only place i got fully excited about when i was at the open day

Is it just Communications they're bumping the places up in? I applied for Larkfield but put Hampstead in too just in case.
    After DCU I'd DCU again, then DCU again again, two DITs, a UL and a UCC, you?
    Male/female? Age? Where you from?

• Advertisement

everytime i think of college i think DCU, i just really want my top 2 choices more than anything else, i'd be greatful of any place in college but DCU was the only place i got fully excited about when i was at the open day
    For me, college IS DCU. There is no other option.

For me, college IS DCU. There is no other option.
    Well there's always Trini... *head explodes*

Is it just Communications they're bumping the places up in? I applied for Larkfield but put Hampstead in too just in case.

Communications is the only one I heard about yeah, it's because they are putting in a new module so they are accomodating for people who will want to do that.
    I didn't hear anything about bumping up places in Journalism but if it makes you feel any better, the Journalism students are more respected than the Communications students from what I hear! ;):p
    I probably shoulda put more courses down from DCU so I'd be gaurenteed to get it! :/
    Male, Sean, I'm 17 and from Tipp. :rolleyes:

Communications is the only one I heard about yeah, it's because they are putting in a new module so they are accomodating for people who will want to do that.
    I didn't hear anything about bumping up places in Journalism but if it makes you feel any better, the Journalism students are more respected than the Communications students from what I hear! ;):p
    I probably shoulda put more courses down from DCU so I'd be gaurenteed to get it! :/
    Male, Sean, I'm 17 and from Tipp. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd Communications down as number two, then Irish and Journalism as number three
    Female, no prizes for guessing my name, 19, Waterford. What part of Tipp?

Yeah, I'd Communications down as number two, then Irish and Journalism as number three
    Female, no prizes for guessing my name, 19, Waterford. What part of Tipp?

Cool :D Live anywhere near Dungarven?
    I'm in North Tipp right at the border with Clare :)
    Do you think you did good in the Leaving? Because if you didn't get Journalism you'd probably be gaurenteed Communications cos they're the same points but Comm has like 60 extra places :rolleyes:
    Let's pray a miracle happens and they both come down.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'd like them to bump places in the business and languages courses :p

Cool :D Live anywhere near Dungarven?
    I'm in North Tipp right at the border with Clare :)
    Do you think you did good in the Leaving? Because if you didn't get Journalism you'd probably be gaurenteed Communications cos they're the same points but Comm has like 60 extra places :rolleyes:
    Let's pray a miracle happens and they both come down.:P
    Yep, only about 20 mins away from Dungarvan
    I think I did alright. . . I don't wanna hype myself up too much just in case I totally bombed it, but I think I was ok. You?
    Oh, I''ve been praying for a miracle since I folded the flap over on my last exam. If I'm totally honest, I REALLY want Journalism over Communications.

Yep, only about 20 mins away from Dungarvan
    I think I did alright. . . I don't wanna hype myself up too much just in case I totally bombed it, but I think I was ok. You?
    Oh, I''ve been praying for a miracle since I folded the flap over on my last exam. If I'm totally honest, I REALLY want Journalism over Communications.

Yeah I think it went ok, I felt it went better than my mocks anyway which is good. :rolleyes:
    Hehe yeah, I found it really hard to decide between the two because so many of their modules are the same. I thought both courses sounded great though the day of the open day.
    We've only a week to wait now for results, I'm gonna be on here straight away to see if either of us (hopefully both) got it :D

Yeah I think it went ok, I felt it went better than my mocks anyway which is good. :rolleyes:
    Hehe yeah, I found it really hard to decide between the two because so many of their modules are the same. I thought both courses sounded great though the day of the open day.
    We've only a week to wait now for results, I'm gonna be on here straight away to see if either of us (hopefully both) got it :D

I cross my fingers for you if you do the same for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

So 34 pages in and no one has expressed interest in Science Education? o.0 Well I guess I'll be the first so :P

Advertisement