Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Michael_E wrote: »
    So 34 pages in and no one has expressed interest in Science Education? o.0 Well I guess I'll be the first so :P
    It's ok Michael, I had to wait 33 to find someone else who wanted to do Journalism, keep waiting!!

Nagikami wrote: »
    Well there's always Trini... *head explodes*
    If I ended up in Trinity there would be something wrong with the world for the following reasons:
    1: It's not on my CAO. At all.
    2: I am the definition of culchie!!! There'd be sheep on the college green within an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If I ended up in Trinity there would be something wrong with the world for the following reasons:
    1: It's not on my CAO. At all.
    2: I am the definition of culchie!!! There'd be sheep on the college green within an hour!

There's a distinct possibility that's where I'll be,number 2 and pretty confident I'd get it,but DCU is number one

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

It's ok Michael, I had to wait 33 to find someone else who wanted to do Journalism, keep waiting!!

I'll keep waiting so :P *refreshes page*. Nope. Mind you the way my exams went I doubt I'll get it :P

UrbanSea wrote: »
    There's a distinct possibility that's where I'll be,number 2 and pretty confident I'd get it,but DCU is number one

Ashamed at you. We had plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If I ended up in Trinity ...
    Probably wouldn't be the first time! :rolleyes:

I've witnessed a few odd things in Front Square in my time, and I was never more than visiting ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

I cross my fingers for you if you do the same for me?

Deal. :D I can't waaaiit to get my results, I just want to know where I'll be going. I'm terrified I did way worse than I thought and I'll get like my 10th choice :eek: Btw, do you wanna do broadcast journalism or written journalism? :D

Ashamed at you. We had plans.

Hopefully we still will,whoooop chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    If I remember correctly, Freedom of the City of Dublin and the right to graze sheep related to Stephen's Green.

There are rumours re: Scholars and sheep in Trinity always on the go (and some of them actually have to do with grazing rights >_>), but such grazing rights are not enshrined in the present Statutes certainly. Maybe they were included in the Statutes / Letters Patent in earlier centuries, it's not completely impossible, but tbh I've always been a little dubious on that one. Universities were always somewhat protective of their dignity, and while there were many quite weird old rights and customs, my gut feeling is that sheep wandering around the green areas of the college would never have been seen as desirable.

• Advertisement

WatchOut wrote: »
    Deal. :D I can't waaaiit to get my results, I just want to know where I'll be going. I'm terrified I did way worse than I thought and I'll get like my 10th choice :eek: Btw, do you wanna do broadcast journalism or written journalism? :D

I think you and I may be the same people . . . I'm terrified about getting it. Only cos I've wanted it since I was around 15 like.

Broadcasting (I learned to talk at 15 months and haven't shut up since!!) you?

Hopefully we still will,whoooop chinese

Om nom nom chicken wings . . . And chocolate cake!!!!!

Hmmm heated with ice cream

Hmmm heated with ice cream

Now you're just teasing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Michael_E wrote: »
    So 34 pages in and no one has expressed interest in Science Education? o.0 Well I guess I'll be the first so :P

You're not alone. Hoping to do science ed myself :D

phish wrote: »

Told ya it'd be worth the wait Michael!!

I think you and I may be the same people . . . I'm terrified about getting it. Only cos I've wanted it since I was around 15 like.

Broadcasting (I learned to talk at 15 months and haven't shut up since!!) you?

Same, I've wanted it for agees! Broadcasting :) No matter what college I end up, I'm gonna get involved in the radio/tv stations nonstop :D I just hope I'll have the confidence for it. :rolleyes:

Same, I've wanted it for agees! Broadcasting :) No matter what college I end up, I'm gonna get involved in the radio/tv stations nonstop :D I just hope I'll have the confidence for it. :rolleyes:

Oh god yeah, I'm going straight for DCUfm like. Are you a quite chatty boy? Or really quiet?

Oh god yeah, I'm going straight for DCUfm like. Are you a quite chatty boy? Or really quiet?

Nahh I'm not that quiet really, I'm pretty talkative :p
    I used to be really shy though :eek:
    What other societies d'you wanna join?
    I really wanna do debating and film so I can just sit around and watch movies:cool:

Oh, and drama :D

• Advertisement

Nahh I'm not that quiet really, I'm pretty talkative :p
    I used to be really shy though :eek:
    What other societies d'you wanna join?
    I really wanna do debating and film so I can just sit around and watch movies:cool:
    Oh, and drama :D

I'll def join the football team anyway. Then the drama, journo soc, debating . . . I'll see properly when I'm there

phish wrote: »

yay FINALLY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

3 more sleeps.. :eek:

xaoifsx wrote: »
    3 more sleeps.. :eek:

The closeness is starting to scare me a little :/

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hopefully law or the EPL:) Best of luck to everyone!!

smeal wrote: »
    Hopefully law or the EPL:) Best of luck to everyone!!
    Good luck to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Aileen123

Hoping to do communications, but once tomorrow comes I know thats going to be out the window!

21 hours....I think I wore the Qualifax Points Calculator out so far. I think I'm going to block that page for the next day....

Aileen123 wrote: »
    Hoping to do communications, but once tomorrow comes I know thats going to be out the window!

Almost samesies, I've Journalism down. But it all lies on that English requirement. :eek: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Aileen123

ugh hate requirements...its just points for me im afraid, messed up so bad in english sooo:/ THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!

Advertisement