Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Aileen123

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Course buddies (kinda)?

Yuppp looks like it :D im kinda scared now coming from cork, none of my friends are going to dublin! have you accomodation and that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Congratulations on all your results guys!

I'll hopefully be starting in DCU in September too - Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies is my choice :) Got 600 in 2008 so... pretty sure I have it :

Yay, DCU! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm hoping to do Business and Transatlantic Studies..It was 510 last year and I got that,just hope it doesn't go up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Pyg posted this in the DCU forum so I said I'd post it here, even though I won't be going to DCU anymore! :( :P
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Did this the last couple of years with reasonable success, so shall do it again.

Set up an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel for the incoming firsties so you can get to know each other. It's at #dcufreshers on Quakenet for those of you who know what that means.

For those that don't, there's a web-based chat program here. You can go there, enter your nickname (Your boards one would make it easy for us to know who we're talking to) and enter "#dcufreshers" for the channel.
    Assuming nothing goes wrong you'll connect and can chat.

Last couple of years it got really active most evenings, but remember that it's real-time, so there's a decent chance that it'll be empty some of the time.
    I'd say just keep it open and check back from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Aileen123 wrote: »
    Yuppp looks like it :D im kinda scared now coming from cork, none of my friends are going to dublin! have you accomodation and that?

Only over the border from ya so, what part of cork?

Yeah, I've Larkfield booked . . . No other option!! You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Woo! DCU here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Aileen123

Only over the border from ya so, what part of cork?

Yeah, I've Larkfield booked . . . No other option!! You?

Ammmm near mallow! im sure you'v heard of it :)
    i wish i did that i booked nothing till results day so i have my name down for shanowen square or something, hope im not stuck with aload of 3rd years or anything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If I get my course I'm guaranteed a spot in Shanowen,if you get 500+ you're gauranteed one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

I read the first 21 pages of this post... Then I had to stop, woah guys! Baha :P

Tríona, 18, Roscommon, going for Computer Applications! Noticed a few comments from people applying for the same course, but they're all boys, haha! I didn't think I'd be in such a minority until now... :)

Also, I love reading, and I don't care what teabags are used, as long as it's strong, milky, and I don't have to make it :D

I've applied for on campus, but I think I put Hampstead over Larkfield... Ah well, we'll see soon enough for sure where we all end up!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vDarr

polkabunny wrote: »
    I read the first 21 pages of this post... Then I had to stop, woah guys! Baha :P

Tríona, 18, Roscommon, going for Computer Applications! Noticed a few comments from people applying for the same course, but they're all boys, haha! I didn't think I'd be in such a minority until now... :)

Also, I love reading, and I don't care what teabags are used, as long as it's strong, milky, and I don't have to make it :D

I've applied for on campus, but I think I put Hampstead over Larkfield... Ah well, we'll see soon enough for sure where we all end up!

Darren, 18, Mayo.

Goin' into the same course as you and guess what, I'm a lad... :pac:

There are a few girls every year though or so I hear, you won't be the only one at least :P

I put Hampstead over Larkfield too, I also applied for Shanowen just in case :pac:

• Advertisement

You I think I could grow to like!!

Aileen123 wrote: »
    Ammmm near mallow! im sure you'v heard of it :)
    i wish i did that i booked nothing till results day so i have my name down for shanowen square or something, hope im not stuck with aload of 3rd years or anything :(

Have indeed heard of it, know Kevin Buckley?

I'm not allowed stay in Shanowen. My parents want me to stay on campus for first year.

vDarr wrote: »
    Darren, 18, Mayo.

Goin' into the same course as you and guess what, I'm a lad... :pac:

There are a few girls every year though or so I hear, you won't be the only one at least :P

I put Hampstead over Larkfield too, I also applied for Shanowen just in case :pac:

Wooo another Connaught person! Well it's a good job I get along with lads, baha :p
    Well that's not too bad, I could see in my head sitting down in the computer rooms and being the only girl in a sea of lads! :pac:
    I never applied for Shanowen, my mammy was a bit iffy about giving me money for donations when she didn't think I'd get the course! :pac:

You I think I could grow to like!!

Does this mean I get tea? ;)

Does this mean I get tea? ;)

Hell yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vDarr

My mammy was a bit iffy about giving me money for donations when she didn't think I'd get the course! :pac:

My mum wasn't too confident either, got'a love parents with faith in their kids eh? :rolleyes:

Anyone know when we find out if we got campus accom? I could probably find it with a search but I'm feeling lazy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 123ame

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Soo.. UL has one, so this shall be the DCU thread!

Hopefully I'll be going there to study MINT! I'm Noel, 18, from Waterford! :D
    hey im thinking of going there to study MINT too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 123ame

My mum wasn't too confident either, got'a love parents with faith in their kids eh? :rolleyes:

Anyone know when we find out if we got campus accom? I could probably find it with a search but I'm feeling lazy :P
    we find out two days after CAO offers :) ...so thats wednesday i think!!!

Yup, especially when it comes to school stuff, though I fairly put her through the mill, I think she's glad I'm the last one! :p
    123ame wrote: »
    we find out two days after CAO offers :) ...so thats wednesday i think!!!

Sweeeeeet, here's hoping for on campus and good times! :D

Useful link I just found for all us incoming first years :)
    http://www4.dcu.ie/students/orientation/orientation-schedules.shtml

Useful link I just found for all us incoming first years :)
    http://www4.dcu.ie/students/orientation/orientation-schedules.shtml

Legend.

• Advertisement

Wooo another Connaught person!

I'm from Connaught too woot! Shligo to be exact. Dublin is miles better, can't wait to get back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sourire

Just read my orientation schedule...I'm already nervous about the first day lol:o:(

sourire wrote: »
    Just read my orientation schedule...I'm already nervous about the first day lol:o:(

I'm a mixture of nerves and excitement :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mcon1

Konata wrote: »
    I'm from Connaught too woot! Shligo to be exact. Dublin is miles better, can't wait to get back :D

From Sligo aswel! Hoping to do common entry into Actuarial, Financial & Mathematical Sciences. Got 480 so i'm more or less guaranteed my course but not campus accommodation :( ...hopefully being from the west, they might give me a place due to the distance i am from the college!

Whoa there's a lot of culchies headin' to DCU this year!

mcon1 wrote: »
    From Sligo aswel! Hoping to do common entry into Actuarial, Financial & Mathematical Sciences. Got 480 so i'm more or less guaranteed my course but not campus accommodation :( ...hopefully being from the west, they might give me a place due to the distance i am from the college!

Woooooo... Me too.. oh! wait..! :( :P

Pahahaha.... I'm sure you'll be everyone's favourite now! :pac:

Pahahaha.... I'm sure you'll be everyone's favourite now! :pac:
    Ah I'm a culchie at heart anyway.:cool:

Ah I'm a culchie at heart anyway.:cool:

Real culchies don't call themselves culchies! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Connacht people are taking over :p

Dave from Galway ;)

• Advertisement

Konata wrote: »

Wahay! 'Mon the Connaught peeps :p
    I love Dublin, it's the only place I could see myself going to college, I've wanted to live there since I was 13! :pac:

sourire wrote: »

I'm just looking forward to it, I'll be more nervous when it's on top of me! :cool:

Just making it a better place... Baha ;)

Connacht people are taking over :p

Dave from Galway ;)

Hells yeah! What course ya going to do? :)

Advertisement