Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

smeal wrote: »
    Law:D:D

See you there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

Computer Applications ahhh yeahhhhhhhhh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Peter M

Just accepted Computer applications there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Just accepted Applied Language and Intercultural Studies =P

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

See you there :D:D
    See ya both there so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Nagikami wrote: »
    Just accepted Applied Language and Intercultural Studies =P

\o/ See you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Peter M wrote: »
    Just accepted Computer applications there :D
    SoTek72 wrote: »
    Computer Applications ahhh yeahhhhhhhhh :D

Hello future classmates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niq

kryzl wrote: »
    anybody here doing SCIENCE???? :D:D

Physics & Biomedical Science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 foFox

If you have some questions about DCU, just go to ->

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056360995

apart from the new people, there are few guys who already spent a year or more in DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

Got Science Education! Hoooray! However, if you see somebody in the corner of the lectures halls mumbling, that'l be me, very nervous about college now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

yup yup :)

YAY thank god im going to DCU!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kryzl

xaoifsx wrote: »
    yup yup :)

YAY thank god im going to DCU!!!! :D

coool!! are you doing the common entry science course? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I am. Not the course i wanted though but to be honest i'm just happy i got DCU :D

sh__93 wrote: »

I am. Not the course i wanted though but to be honest i'm just happy i got DCU :D

Cool! See you there! :D what course did you want? I wanted to do biotechnology originally.. :D oh well!

Yeah i was hoping for biotech too.. Was pretty confident i was gonna get it but went up by 55 points :eek:
    There's always a chance we could bypass into biotech in 2nd year.. Here's hoping anyway :)
    Do you know where you're gonna be living yet?

coool!! are you doing the common entry science course? :D:D:D
    yes i am!!

same..i wanted biotech!! :( i was so annoyied!
    Yeah i was hoping for biotech too.. Was pretty confident i was gonna get it but went up by 55 points :eek:
    There's always a chance we could bypass into biotech in 2nd year.. Here's hoping anyway :)

ahhhh kryzl and sh__93..... snap!! there seems to be ALOT of ppl who wanted biotech but only got science!! i really really hope i get it next year too!

yes i am!!

same..i wanted biotech!! :( i was so annoyied!

ahhhh kryzl and sh__93..... snap!! there seems to be ALOT of ppl who wanted biotech but only got science!! i really really hope i get it next year too!

yeah! i was actually shocked when i saw the points. i really hope i can get in next year! =D

I was gonna apply for shanowen square but it was booked out. :( so i might just go to Gateway. :confused: do you know where you're going to live yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Anyone have any idea of roughly how long the bus journey from town to DCU is?

It's about half an hour to 40 minutes if I remember correctly (but I have a crap memory so it may be wrong)
    And that was the 19A from O'Connell Street Other buses might take longer or shorter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

What about from Drumcondra train station?

What about from Drumcondra train station?
    About 10 minutes or so (I think) Just take the 13A from Drumcondra Station and then either get off at Griffith Avenue or the next stop (which is Ballymun Road and stops right outside the entrance to DCU)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Nagikami wrote: »
    It's about half an hour to 40 minutes if I remember correctly (but I have a crap memory so it may be wrong)
    And that was the 19A from O'Connell Street Other buses might take longer or shorter

There are a few buses, my best advice is check out this URL; http://www4.dcu.ie/info/get_to.shtml

polkabunny wrote: »
    There are a few buses, my best advice is check out this URL; http://www4.dcu.ie/info/get_to.shtml
    Yeah sure there's a bus stop on O'Connell Street where all the buses on it go to/through Ballymun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I think it was a bit under half an hour

I was gonna apply for shanowen square but it was booked out. :( so i might just go to Gateway. :confused: do you know where you're going to live yet?

Yeah i applied for shanowen halls back in May but i only fully decided on DCU a few days ago so by the time i'd decided it was all booked out :(
    I've got 2 lads offerin to share 2 houses with me though so i'm sure i'll get somewhere :)
    I applied for campus too but didn't get it either :(
    Are you a lad or a lady btw? :)

yeah! i was actually shocked when i saw the points. i really hope i can get in next year! =D

yeah i know..i was sickened...pretty sure i had it too.. :/

did u get campus?

things didnt go quite my way in dcu..least i just about got science and i hope to look at houses soon.. :)

Yeah i applied for shanowen halls back in May but i only fully decided on DCU a few days ago so by the time i'd decided it was all booked out :(
    I've got 2 lads offerin to share 2 houses with me though so i'm sure i'll get somewhere :)
    I applied for campus too but didn't get it either :(
    Are you a lad or a lady btw? :)

I called gateway the other day but they were already booked out.. :eek:
    so i'm only in the waiting list. i hope I find something. :confused:
    i'm a lady btw. :p

yeah i know..i was sickened...pretty sure i had it too.. :/

did u get campus?

things didnt go quite my way in dcu..least i just about got science and i hope to look at houses soon.. :)

I didnt get campus because i only put DCU on my cao list after the leaving cert and i didnt get to apply for accommodation.

so.. yeah. i'm still looking for houses. i dont wanna be a hobo. lol :eek:

• Advertisement

I didnt get campus because i only put DCU on my cao list after the leaving cert and i didnt get to apply for accommodation.

so.. yeah. i'm still looking for houses. i dont wanna be a hobo. lol :eek:

ya i did the same!! i applied for campus a few days b4 the last day! oh well
    i found a house in glasnevin ave.. so its pretty close.. :) love it!
    you better start searching..the good ones are disapearring fast

p.s do not go to shanowen cresent house. its a horrible house owned by a horrible man. u'll c it on daft..he hates first years too. although we agreed for me to look at the house?!?!

Advertisement