Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jameshurst

xaoifsx wrote: »
    kryzl wrote: »
    I didnt get campus because i only put DCU on my cao list after the leaving cert and i didnt get to apply for accommodation.

so.. yeah. i'm still looking for houses. i dont wanna be a hobo. lol :eek:

ya i did the same!! i applied for campus a few days b4 the last day! oh well
    i found a house in glasnevin ave.. so its pretty close.. :) love it!
    you better start searching..the good ones are disapearring fast

p.s do not go to shanowen cresent house. its a horrible house owned by a horrible man. u'll c it on daft..he hates first years too. although we agreed for me to look at the house?!?!

Lol I did not get campus and I talk to that man, he keep asking do I drink much, but in the end I decide to go for hazelwood can anyone tell me is that place good, any one here from Clare or doing accounting and finance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kryzl

jameshurst wrote: »
    Lol I did not get campus and I talk to that man, he keep asking do I drink much, but in the end I decide to go for hazelwood can anyone tell me is that place good, any one here from Clare or doing accounting and finance? :)

I'm from Clare. :D
    I dunno about Hazelwood but I think it's a bit far.. i think the man said it was 15-20 mins walk?:confused:

I'm from Clare. :D
    I dunno about Hazelwood but I think it's a bit far.. i think the man said it was 15-20 mins walk?:confused:

It is about that, but really not to far, was up in Dublin Tuesday looking at the place and to be honest it seems that it is a walk you would not really notice, but the walk can be shorten as I was told there are short cuts you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

omg yeah thts the guy... what a creep

ya i did the same!! i applied for campus a few days b4 the last day! oh well
    i found a house in glasnevin ave.. so its pretty close.. :) love it!
    you better start searching..the good ones are disapearring fast

p.s do not go to shanowen cresent house. its a horrible house owned by a horrible man. u'll c it on daft..he hates first years too. although we agreed for me to look at the house?!?!

I got a room in Gateway!! :D I haven't seen the inside though. i only saw how it looked outside and how far it was from DCU. went to dublin last sunday to check. :p thanks for the warning too :D

btw.. do you know when we are starting the course???? :confused:

• Advertisement

I got a room in Gateway!! :D I haven't seen the inside though. i only saw how it looked outside and how far it was from DCU. went to dublin last sunday to check. :p thanks for the warning too :D

I had a look at gateway and at the time it was fully book so not wanting to cone back up to Dublin I book a place inhazelwood which is also good and has it's own advantages and disadvantages, gateway is nice ye share a bathroom but you have a big enough kitchen and living room area with wireless internet around the place. You should like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

Two weeks til orientation!!! :)

Two weeks til orientation!!! :)

Oh cool! Does this apply for all the incoming first years?? Is it on the 19th? :)

Oh cool! Does this apply for all the incoming first years?? Is it on the 19th? :)

Well, orientation week is the 19th, but I don't have orientation til the 21st :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭daviekelly123

ou going to go up on the 18th? because i'm not starting till the wednesday too

• Advertisement

ou going to go up on the 18th? because i'm not starting till the wednesday too
    I am, cos my parents will be working mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

I start on the Tuesday, moving up next week though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Finally! Another Boards member starting A&F in DCU this month! You're the first person on this website other than myself that I've seen say they're doing this course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I'm thinking of moving all my stuff up sometime this week and maybe heading out this week end :D. Would there be many 1st years about yet does anyone know or would it be safer leaving it till orientation week to go out?

And i got my orientation schedule yoke in the post today but has anybody got their actual course timetable yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

hehe no problem!! thats really good!! i nearly went to gateway!! but my house was nicer hehe :P
    erm..im not sure.. i will probably see you around orientation week.. since were doing the same course!!
    all courses start on the 26th?? hope we dont get a rotten timetable!!

hehe no problem!! thats really good!! i nearly went to gateway!! but my house was nicer hehe :P
    erm..im not sure.. i will probably see you around orientation week.. since were doing the same course!!
    all courses start on the 26th?? hope we dont get a rotten timetable!!

i saw a house 5 minutes away from DCU and it was really nice but i already paid the deposit in gateway.. so.. :( oh well!
    yeah!! i'll probably see you there too =D i wonder how many people are doing the course..

when are you moving?

Advertisement