Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - Who wants to go there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Thanks Wolfe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Shanowen is better than larkfield in about every way imaginable.

But I will never know as I'm not allowed stay off campus . . . The joys of being the first in the family to go to college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

But I will never know as I'm not allowed stay off campus . . . The joys of being the first in the family to go to college.
    Larkfeld is good craic too, dont get me wrong, and Im sure you will see shanowen for yourself going back for a party!

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Larkfeld is good craic too, dont get me wrong, and Im sure you will see shanowen for yourself going back for a party!

Is the good craic due to the exclusively first year nature?

vDarr wrote: »
    Any ideas on where you'll all be staying next year?

Applied for larkfield. . . You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vDarr

Applied for larkfield. . . You?

Hampstead first and Larkfield second, very unlikely that I'll be getting Hampstead so my moneys on Larkfield. :cool:

Not fussed either way, just as long as I get somewhere on campus I'm happy. xD

Aileen123 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to do Communications in DCU dunno will I get the points though!
    I like your style. . . I applied for Journalism
    Aileen123 wrote: »
    Have people booked their accommodation? On campus doesn't appeal to me at all so I'm stuck between Shanowen and the gateway!

I have, but on campus in Larkfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TheWiseGuys

Hey anyone doing PE and Biology in sept? and just wondering whats the best spot for accomodation? on campus or off(shanowen)?

Hey anyone doing PE and Biology in sept? and just wondering whats the best spot for accomodation? on campus or off(shanowen)?

From what I hear, it's best to stay on campus in first year and stay off campus for the rest of your college life. :pac:

But I'm an incoming first year myself so don't take my word for it. :p

vDarr wrote: »
    From what I hear, it's best to stay on campus in first year and stay off campus for the rest of your college life. :pac:

So my dad tells me anyway. But he's just convinced that if I stay off campus I'll be late for every single lecture.

He's obviously one of them where every week was a Golden Week.

• Advertisement

So my dad tells me anyway. But he's just convinced that if I stay off campus I'll be late for every single lecture.

To be honest he might just have a point, at least if it was me I know I'd be late if I didn't live on campus. :p

The luxury of rolling out of bed 10 minutes before a lecture can't be beaten. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I have nearly every uni in Ireland down but I think it'll be DCU or UCD. So ya.. Hi :P I've larkfield as my number 1 accom choice and secretly hoping I get it seeing as I'll be coming up from the backarse of clare knowing no-one and I hear it's good for making friends :o but ya, hi, I'm soccy! Haha

I have nearly every uni in Ireland down but I think it'll be DCU or UCD. So ya.. Hi :P I've larkfield as my number 1 accom choice and secretly hoping I get it seeing as I'll be coming up from the backarse of clare knowing no-one and I hear it's good for making friends :o but ya, hi, I'm soccy! Haha

Same. . . the craic is meant to be only mighty in Larkfield. I know no one either but I'd say that's the best way to do it, you won't be sticking to a small group of people like a hermit!!!

Oh, HI SOCCY!!! (saying that made me feel five years old again!! :P:P)

Same. . . the craic is meant to be only mighty in Larkfield. I know no one either but I'd say that's the best way to do it, you won't be sticking to a small group of people like a hermit!!!

Oh, HI SOCCY!!! (saying that made me feel five years old again!! :P:P)

ya hopefully i'll get larkfield or somewhere where theres lotsa firsties :) dya know if it's likely that most people will get their preference or not?! I'm a tad worried to be honest :o

and haha, lotsa people say that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

ya hopefully i'll get larkfield or somewhere where theres lotsa firsties :) dya know if it's likely that most people will get their preference or not?! I'm a tad worried to be honest :o

I think there'd be a high chance that you'd get on campus accom cuz u live so far away.. I wouldn't pay too much heat to the lotto system.. I'd say almost every1 will get on campus accom.. every1 out of my school last year got onto campus.. there was 11 people and they all got larkfield.. So i wouldn't worry too much about it..

What are you planning on studying?

No idea. I think it's based on where you're from . . . The further away from Dublin you live, the higher the chance you have of getting on campus accommodation. I want Larkfield purely cos it's all first years :) but the only thing I'm worried about is actually getting in . . . What are you hoping for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Soccy, I always thought you were about 15! :o :P
    No idea. I think it's based on where you're from . . . The further away from Dublin you live, the higher the chance you have of getting on campus accommodation. I want Larkfield purely cos it's all first years :) but the only thing I'm worried about is actually getting in . . . What are you hoping for?

I thought it was first come, first served? I really regret not putting Larkfield down first... Euuuuugh!

I don't mind what age soccy is . . . I just wanna know if he/she is bringing his/her blue bucket!!

Ah LilMissCiara . . . But our plan!!!!

I don't mind what age soccy is . . . I just wanna know if he/she is bringing his/her blue bucket!!

Ah LilMissCiara . . . But our plan!!!!

I didn't watch The Den growing up, does that mean I had no childhood?! :confused:

Oh lord call me Ciara... That other name is bloody embarrassing! :o

But Aoife, the tea plan involves me getting in to Larkfield? Unless you read it wrong... I mean that I want Larkfield to be my first preference! Unless you're talking about me sleeping in a corner of your room plan? :confused:

Confused.com :P

Cardor wrote: »
    I think there'd be a high chance that you'd get on campus accom cuz u live so far away.. I wouldn't pay too much heat to the lotto system.. I'd say almost every1 will get on campus accom.. every1 out of my school last year got onto campus.. there was 11 people and they all got larkfield.. So i wouldn't worry too much about it..

What are you planning on studying?

ah well i've nursing down and genetics and cell biology.. Want moreso the former tbh :) and DCU seems really nice so i'd prefer to go there than UCD so please god :o And fingers crossed I'd get larkfield on the fact I'm like a gazillion miles away! But the info on 11 people all getting larkfield makes me calmer tbh.

Aoife, hope to see ya in larkfield so in 2 months or so :D haha..

Ciara, sound. I'm actually 17, shocking as it may sound :P First people thought I was a lad and now I'm being mistaken for a 15 year old :'(

• Advertisement

ah well i've nursing down and genetics and cell biology.. Want moreso the former tbh :) and DCU seems really nice so i'd prefer to go there than UCD so please god :o And fingers crossed I'd get larkfield on the fact I'm like a gazillion miles away! But the info on 11 people all getting larkfield makes me calmer tbh.

Aoife, hope to see ya in larkfield so in 2 months or so :D haha..

Ciara, sound. I'm actually 17, shocking as it may sound :P First people thought I was a lad and now I'm being mistaken for a 15 year old :'(

Aoife we should let her in to our tea plan..! :P

Sorry Soccy! :( If it helps I knew you were a girl.. but only cause Noel told me! :P... And I get everybody's age wrong! :D

Aoife, hope to see ya in larkfield so in 2 months or so :D haha.. First people thought I was a lad

Not being racist but . . . You're a girl?? And, re Larkfield, you will indeed (if I makes it there myself) cannot WAIT!!! :D

Aoife we should let her in to our tea plan..! :P

Genius plan!!! three for tea :D and, regarding the larkfield debacle for you, I don't care if we end up knacker drinking tea in a field, it is on like donkey kong!! (imagine getting arrested for knacker drinking tea!!!)

Genius plan!!! three for tea :D and, regarding the larkfield debacle for you, I don't care if we end up knacker drinking tea in a field, it is on like donkey kong!! (imagine getting arrested for knacker drinking tea!!!)

That made me lol! I hope Soccy is a Barry's woman tbh.. I don't think I could handle 2 Lyons drinkers! :P

I am really nervous about college/results/offers/other shizzles..

Not being racist but . . . You're a girl?? And, re Larkfield, you will indeed (if I makes it there myself) cannot WAIT!!! :D

yep. My name and avatar aren't very feminine I know but I acto didn't think I'd be using this as frequently as I do when I signed up first sooo.. :P
    but ya, Larkfield ftw.. Ya know the way theres 125 units, does that mean rooms or like..apartments? I've seen the inside of them on youtube. They aren't luxury but sure, it's college so I wasn't gonna be expected to be treated like the princess of arabia or anything!

and ciara, noel is my lyf4evz. Clearly he didn't tell you my life story yet though :( he will..

yep. My name and avatar aren't very feminine I know but I acto didn't think I'd be using this as frequently as I do when I signed up first sooo.. :P
    but ya, Larkfield ftw.. Ya know the way theres 125 units, does that mean rooms or like..apartments? I've seen the inside of them on youtube. They aren't luxury but sure, it's college so I wasn't gonna be expected to be treated like the princess of arabia or anything!

and ciara, noel is my lyf4evz. Clearly he didn't tell you my life story yet though :( he will..

You're nice to Aoife when she thinks your a dude but cry (and I quote your crying face '':'('' ) when I think you're 15...! Fine... Be like that..! :( :P

I think that's apartments, so 250 people like.

I don't want to know your life story tbh.. :pac:

That made me lol! I hope Soccy is a Barry's woman tbh.. I don't think I could handle 2 Lyons drinkers! :P

I am really nervous about college/results/offers/other shizzles..

sounds like quite the session lads. And Lyon's tbh. I can't stand ANYTHING else :o

ya really nervous coz I actually have no idea where I'll end up. I hope it's DCU now coz UCD is absolutely massive and I won't get the points for UL ><

Oh no, my username has to be the worst . . And the prize for total anonymoity goes to (fail)

For the ultimate win . . . Do you like tea? I think it's 125 apartments, with 250 rooms. But that's just a guess on my part!!!

sounds like quite the session lads. And Lyon's tbh. I can't stand ANYTHING else :o <

BOOM!!!!! See that Ciara?

• Advertisement

sounds like quite the session lads. And Lyon's tbh. I can't stand ANYTHING else :o

ya really nervous coz I actually have no idea where I'll end up. I hope it's DCU now coz UCD is absolutely massive and I won't get the points for UL ><

Hmmm... You can only become one of our tea buddies if you allow me to use your bedroom floor at my free will...

I'm just nervous because I'll probably end up in Galway, and now I don't know if I want Scotland anymore and think I prefer DCU and I is all confuzzled! :confused:

BOOM!!!!! See that Ciara?

Yes, unfortunately I do. I will find a Barry's tea drinker to join us though! :D :P

Advertisement