Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of confidence

Options
  • 24-06-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I received - in error obviously - details of other account holders from my local bank, including financial details and account numbers. Do you think I can I use this as a bargaining tool in my personal dealings with my (unco-operative) bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Ring them. tell them of the situation and if there's not €10,000 lodged on to your account by Monday morning, your going to the papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would find it very unlikely, and goes against the spirit of the forum charter (no dodgy dealing etc). Thread closed.

Be an adult, contact them and advise of their mistake and see what they have to say. If you're unhappy, the office of the Data Protection Commissioner may be able to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement