Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are BBC showing U2 at Glastonbury???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The bar has been well and turely raised tonight by U2,what a performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

The crowd are singing '40'. ****IN' CLASS! :eek:

Oh wait, Setanta are done. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

thanks OP....wouldn't have known it was on without that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Why is Tennis on BBC1 when the Terminator should be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

xper wrote: »

Here's the thing. Despite the myth, he keeps the prattle between songs to a minimum most of the time. There tends to be one big band member round of intros and one big 'sermon' (time to go to the loo) in a gig but otherwise they are better than most acts at moving from one song to another as quickly as possible. Bit chattier tonight and the gaps to night between songs are actually pretty long for them, probably due to the unfamiliar set up.

My favourite story about Bonos prattle. Probably an urban myth but what the hell..

Bono on stage slowly clapping his hands. "Everytime I clap my hands,somewhere in the world a child dies" A voice from the crowd shouts back "Well,stop F**king clapping then"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Setanta is nearly BBC1 +1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,613 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Interview with the band on BBC1 shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

sideswipe wrote: »
    Setanta is nearly BBC1 +1

I think you might of got that mixed up buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

zane lowe is aprick

Primal scream now............. yeaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

Bono's Peacock Rocks!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

longshanks wrote: »
    zane lowe is aprick

A good kick in the stones wudnt be long sorting him out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

D'oh damn Fosters......hic........ it's versa visa of course....hic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well i thoroughly enjoyed that... Was singing along to every song loads of smiles.. Was brilliant!!! Good show lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Im off to the pub,just enjoyed a great gig so Im happy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Primal scream now............. yeaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    This is the business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

i think you'd really have to have been a U2 fan to enjoy that gig. If it was your first time seeing u2 i cant see how you wudda thought they were good. Bono your 40ish not justin bieber. Grow up the fu.ck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

bit of a curates egg for me, but BBC farting around did nae help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

zane lowe is aprick

A condescending patronising Kiwi w@nker. I could never warm to him. They should get rid of him. Mark Radcliffe is a hundred times better

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nevermind U2, Primal Scream have just convinced me that I have to go to Oxegen on the Sunday, they're tearing it up.

• Advertisement

Nevermind U2, Primal Scream have just convinced me that I have to go to Oxegen on the Sunday, they're tearing it up.

Unfortunately they attract a huge druggy knacker following. I would avoid them on that basis alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

1qTour wrote: »
    Bono your 40ish not justin bieber.
    He wishes! They're over 50 at this stage.

Thought the set was suitably different for a festival crowd. Couple of side observations - the crowd is a hell of a distance back from the front of the pyramid stage, hadn't noticed quite how far before. And the TV camera work was very average. I know its hard to get every shot right in a live broadcast but it was either an extreme close up of Bono's face (which won't do anything for me or most others, me thinks) or a slow panning shot plus or minus lots of flags in the way. Poor effort by the Beeb. Where's Hamish Hamilton when you need him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

What's the deal with Larry not sitting near Bono?

zane Lowe is still a prick, good to dee Jo Whiley still appreciating rhe fact she's there .

Thought the set was suitably different for a festival crowd. Couple of side observations - the crowd is a hell of a distance back from the front of the pyramid stage, hadn't noticed quite how far before. And the TV camera work was very average. I know its hard to get every shot right in a live broadcast but it was either an extreme close up of Bono's face (which won't do anything for me or most others, me thinks) or a slow panning shot plus or minus lots of flags in the way. Poor effort by the Beeb. Where's Hamish Hamilton when you need him?

Why are their press photographers in the space between the band and the audience ? That's normally empty. I think that kinda f@cked up the interaction between Bono and the audience. They still did very well with what they were given

Sweet Jesus, Bonio is full of shiiiiiite.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Unfortunately they attract a huge druggy knacker following. I would avoid them on that basis alone

You're missing out and doing yourself a massive diservice. I've seen them a good few times over the last 15 years and there's always been a good crowd and cool vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,613 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yep,
    Larry Mullen mentioned the crowd being so far from the stage as a negative.

As for the person above saying that anyone who hadn't heard of U2 before tonight wouldn't have been impressed by U2, obviously comes from Mars. Theres not many people on this planet who at least havent heard of U2.
    The Beebs coverage of Glasto has always been in that style from what I can remember. It wasnt that bad (the camerawork) that is.
    Looking forward to seeing Coldplay tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

but there arent 20 cameras all round the crowd. they cant use the boom cameras because of the flags and probably because it was pishing down rain and the lens would get soaked.

• Advertisement

You're missing out and doing yourself a massive diservice. I've seen them a good few times over the last 15 years and there's always been a good crowd and cool vibe.

Fair enough. However I'm nearly as old as Bono so I am not keen on standing in a field listening to anyone, regardless of who they are

Advertisement