Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC : steam key code crack... legal or illegal

Options
  • 24-06-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

is getting a key code crack legal or illegal...

before anybody comes on to this thread and say "ye of course it illegal" hear me out....

you BUY the game in the shop for home use and you want to play it with somebody else in your house that €100 (2x €50) which is unreasonable.
    That 11 and half hours of work (100/8.65=11.5607) which is 2 days or work (after tax)

ive had a quick look at the steam agreement and i don't see anything that says you can't play it in a home network.

can somebody see (has seen) a part in the steam contract that's specifically say you cant play 1 game on a home network...

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

* I AM NOT SAYING THAT ANYBODY (OR ENCOURAGING ANYBODY)TO ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD GAMES OR USE ILLEGAL KEY GENS...
    THIS THREAD IS DISSCUAS THE WHETHER OR NOT STEAM CAN STOP YOU USING KEY GENS FOR HOME USE ONLY...*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's illegal. Thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Looks like you want another copy of the game for free so you can give it to someone else in your house.

Its illegal, and hard to justify morally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement