Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civill law galway

Options
  • 24-06-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Is it too late too put this course as my first on change of mind? Is there many mature places? Would I need too have had an interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If you have the points then it's okay.

If you're applying as a mature student, it might not be. I'd ring up the college on Monday and find out straight away. They will answer your questions regarding mature student entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Thanks will do, would you know any other way of gaining a place on this course is there a plc or access for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 juliet38

Hey smyths,

I applied to do civil law last year as a mature student and was lucky enough to get a place as i was told at the time that they only allocate about 5 places for mature students. It doesn't just go on points, they also look at your work experience and previous education. I didn't have to do an interview for it. The mature students officer's name is Trish Hoare and she's very nice and helpful so maybe you could send her an email with any questions you have. Her address is trish.hoare@nuigalway.ie Hope this helps :)

Thanks I emailed her and she said I cannot add any new courses to my CAO application at this stage. Kind o defeats the purpose of CAO having a change of mind! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 juliet38

I know, the CAO makes no sense sometimes! That's a shame but if you're serious about it then maybe try for it next year if you can?

• Advertisement

Yeah that's am idea but am anxious to get on a course this year as I'll have btea not waisting another year hanging around? Would anyone know of any places in Dublin that I could do a law course even a ome year one that would help me get a place on a degree? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

smyths wrote: »
    Thanks I emailed her and she said I cannot add any new courses to my CAO application at this stage. Kind o defeats the purpose of CAO having a change of mind! :-(

If it is a restricted course i.e. a mature student place which requires interviews etc.. you cannot add to your list of choices. It clearly states that in the CAO handbook.

What about something like this: http://www.pearsecollege.ie/university_access_course.html

or this (although it looks like you missed the deadline for it) : http://www.nuigalway.ie/access/mature_student.html

Advertisement