Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake job offered fraud

Options
  • 24-06-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I was interviewed for a job that offered good wages and did not require any experience. The Company does not have an office in Dublin and on there poor website they present themselves like an International Company with over 10 years in business. I feel that it is some fake job fraud. Can any one advise me? or any ideas? should I report?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The fact that no experience is required rings alarm bells .

The 2 things that should cause you to run a mile are -

1) If they seek your bank account details / PPS number / Passport before you start 'working' for them.

2) If they seek any sort of payment up front for ' training ' etc.

They may be legitimate but tread carefully. What exactly is the job ? What is their business ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

What was the role ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stampa

Job apperently is to check stock in retail outlets for fake goods. There is no contract and I would be "self employed"

Sounds a little too good to be true if I may say so.

I would have severe doubts that you would get a 40 hour week out of it .

I would have even greater doubts that you would ever get paid.

There was a recent thread from someone who was offered a '' mystery shopper '' role which sounded far more like an effort to extract their personal/financial details.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stampa

Thank you all,
    I am just wondering, how it is possible that this position is published on the official job WWW, if company is not registered in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Place of registration means nothing , many ' reputable ' sites allow rubbishy / misleading adds.
    Unfortunately in these tough times thare are sharks out there seeking to take advantage of peoples desperation.

Advertisement