Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50cc scooter

• 24-06-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

looking into getting a 50cc scooter. just curious if anyone has experience with these. i know the legalities of them and that they do 35mph and all. just curious to see if they are reliable, do they need a lot of maintenance, etc.. never rode one before so any info will help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

ok theyre messy....i had one....looved it..Its great for around towm however dangerous as you cant get speed to keep up or filter appropiatley and cars dont respect them at all....

I unrestricted mine got 60mph at downhill but burned out....do not unrestrict ha

Great fun tho, they are good craic in town:D

Harley Mopedson

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Galway K9 wrote: »
    ok theyre messy....i had one....looved it..Its great for around towm however dangerous as you cant get speed to keep up or filter appropiatley and cars dont respect them at all....

I unrestricted mine got 60mph at downhill but burned out....do not unrestrict ha

Great fun tho, they are good craic in town:D

Harley Mopedson

LOL, 60mph. i'd be afraid to do 30 on one of those things. i am worried about the drivers though. people rarely respect me when im walking/cycling. i picture them hating scooters and killing me. just can't afford another car with all the maintenance. last one cost me a fortune. scooters are cheap to insure and for road tax right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

my advice get a learner legal motorbike....its safe when you drive correctly, good speed and same price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Bykobap

Go for it, i've done 10k on mine baby Neo's last year and never had a problem. Does 100km on 3.5 litres and tax is e43.
    A litre of oil will do ya for 1k which is e7.80. Absolutely adore my baby and is hardly going to lose in value if bought second hand and cared for.
    All in all, it will cost ya about e8 for every 100km you do.
    Insurance, oil, maintenance, petrol, tax, etc, the lot.
    She has to have a nickname though, mine's Tricky Trickster or Trixie.

Bykobap wrote: »
    Go for it, i've done 10k on mine baby Neo's last year and never had a problem. Does 100km on 3.5 litres and tax is e43.
    A litre of oil will do ya for 1k which is e7.80. Absolutely adore my baby and is hardly going to lose in value if bought second hand and cared for.
    All in all, it will cost ya about e8 for every 100km you do.
    Insurance, oil, maintenance, petrol, tax, etc, the lot.
    She has to have a nickname though, mine's Tricky Trickster or Trixie.

hahaha, tricky trickster. sounds good. is 30,000km a lot of miles for one? i was looking at a suzuki 50cc and its a 2002. i thought 30,000km sounded like a lot for a scooter, but then again i don't know much about them. also, do you know of hongyi? i saw an ad for one. its a vespa knockoff made in china. guy is asking €350 and it only has 2,000km on it.

• Advertisement

hahaha, tricky trickster. sounds good. is 30,000km a lot of miles for one? i was looking at a suzuki 50cc and its a 2002. i thought 30,000km sounded like a lot for a scooter, but then again i don't know much about them. also, do you know of hongyi? i saw an ad for one. its a vespa knockoff made in china. guy is asking €350 and it only has 2,000km on it.

Can't contribute anything towards other makes and mileage, but Trixie took me to Serbia and back over 13 days whilst she had 25k on clock.
    Anyways, bring somebody with a bit of know how along with ya if you don't trust your mechanical judgement.
    Trixie was duuurty as whores knickers when i bought her but the heart was sound.
    Lucky i guess.
    Ahh you'll love it, good luck to ya.

?
    Can't contribute anything towards other makes and mileage, but Trixie took me to Serbia and back over 13 days whilst she had 25k on clock.
    Anyways, bring somebody with a bit of know how along with ya if you don't trust your mechanical judgement.
    Trixie was duuurty as whores knickers when i bought her but the heart was sound.
    Lucky i guess.
    Ahh you'll love it, good luck to ya.

jesus christ, to serbia?! thats a hell of a haul man. yea, i need to find someone who knows a bit about them. is trixie a 2 stroke or 4?

?

jesus christ, to serbia?! thats a hell of a haul man. yea, i need to find someone who knows a bit about them. is trixie a 2 stroke or 4?

i just got that. clever way of answering the question, lol. are 2 stroke a pain? how often do you need to add oil to the petrol? i have good knowledge of cars, but i don't know anything about scooters. the extent of my 2 stroke knowledge comes from petrol strimmers

• Advertisement

i just got that. clever way of answering the question, lol. are 2 stroke a pain? how often do you need to add oil to the petrol? i have good knowledge of cars, but i don't know anything about scooters. the extent of my 2 stroke knowledge comes from petrol strimmers

Litre of oil will do ya for 1000km its e7.80 for a litre. Oil has a separate tank next to petrol one.
    No pain at all once you arm yourself with patience for long distance trips, can't beat it for city traffic though.

picked up a suzuki estilete last week and absolutely love it. 50cc 2 stroke with 30,000km on the clock. she rides like a charm and does 40mph no problem. now if it would only stop pissin raining!

Good man. No rain forcasted for next 3 days, how much was she?

Good man. No rain forcasted for next 3 days, how much was she?

guy was asking €550 but i got him down to €300. he was selling it for his mom. had all the service records and original owners manual and receipt. she paid €2,800 for it from Ivor's in galway back in 2002.

Bliss. How can you go wrong with e300. Happy for ya, take care buck.

i named her jenna jameson, because she is irish and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My bike is Sasha 2.0. Named her after jd's Sasha in scrubs that died outside the shop in a shootout haha

Advertisement