Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Pay as you Go Smartphone Plan etc

Options
  • 24-06-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Toying with the idea of getting a basic Pay As You Go smartphone mainly for the large screen and touchscreen facility. Can someone give me a brief overview of how things work as i'm very green in this area. e.g

Would my Nokia 6300 Tesco phone sim card work in one of these.
    If so would it work at rates that I am currently paying. (if used same as my current phone, ie calls n texts and once in blue moon gps google search)

Would there be double credit. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Would my Nokia 6300 Tesco phone sim card work in one of these.
    If so would it work at rates that I am currently paying. (if used same as my current phone, ie calls n texts and once in blue moon gps google search)

Would there be double credit. :)

Yes use the same sim (unless getting an iphone that needs a microsim), you stay on the same plan and get double credit. Only change will be that you will need to buy a data bundle to take full advantage of the smartphone features.

You can see the dataplans here http://www.tescomobile.ie/MoneySavingBundles.aspx under "web surf bundles". Data plans can only be purchased using the paid for credit (can't be bought with bonus credit)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thats excellent servechilled thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 servechilled

No worries danjo

Actually Paul from Tesco mobile, I have a question. Is there anything you can do to suggest something for us dongle users. Now I know that you guys don't directly support dongle use and probably aren't interested in actively promoting it , but only being able to get 12megs out of the bonus 10euro seems such a waste and I already have a tesco mobile for my own phone so have nothing to gain by switching sims etc.. to use the credit.

At the moment I buy a 1gb and 350mb bundle for €6.99 and €3.99 respectively so get 1374mb out of the paid for tenner. Even being able to use the bonus credit to get 50% of the allowance would be great i.e maybe a 2gb bundle for €20 which could be bought using a combination of paid for and bonus credit ?

Any thoughts?

Advertisement