Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasagne & Chips

Options
  • 24-06-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Should a potato product (eg Chips or Wedges) be served with Lasagne, or is pasta a substitute for potato?

Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sally Floyd

Is it wrong to serve chips along with lasagne. Isn't potato a sub for pasta?

Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Yes, very. A green salad on the side is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is it wrong? You'll not do time for it, well in Italy you might.

Clearly tubers and pastas do the same basic job, namely fill out the meal with its carb quota and both need to be complimented with "anti-carb" foods so they really shouldn't be seen on the same plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

lasagne al forno's hardly a typical pasta dish, there should be considerably more non pasta to each sheet compared to a normal pasta dish

In Indian food you'ld get served aloo(spuds) and rice no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If it's a dietary type question, I'm really not sure.

I know we used to have lasagne and chips, some people would have lasagne & garlic bread -- depends on what you like really / how hungry you are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The way I look at it is, with lasagne you get a lot less pasta than you would if you were eating, say, a spaghetti or tagliatelli dish. So it's ok to have chips with it if you want to. I wouldn't serve garlic bread too though.
    If I'm having leftover lasagne for dinner I'll usually have chips with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Of course it's wrong!
    Everybody knows that lasagne should be served with garlic bread, mash, potato gratin, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower cheese and chips!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kk7

I've seen pizza with chips on top of it in Italy. Have what you like with lasagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not wrong but odd imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Personally, I like Lasagne with a nice fresh salad. Complements it nicely I think, as Lasagne is very heavy already.

That said, proper wedges can win me over every time.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved to main Food & Drink forum.

/edit: And threads merged. Sally Floyd, one thread is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I love lasagne with chips and salad. Its one of my comfort foods.

I don't think that there is any wrong combination of food if you like it that way. However a salad with the chips would make it healthier.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Never have lasagne without chips and usually garlic bread/salad. Usually the way it comes as pub grub also so not unusual at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Personally I wouldn't have chips, the pasta is enough carb for me - mixed salad and a glass of red go nicely.

Then again the way I make lasagne, one slice 4" long x 2" wide is enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement