Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying tickets - fastest option?

Options
  • 24-06-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭

there is a gig on and I really wanna go but it is really limited capacity.

So what is the fastest way to buy tickets? On line? Phone? Box office?

And how does this work? Like when on line, how come some can get tickets and others cannot? Is it due to the speed of the server you are using or?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

physically queue up at a ticketmaster, get there early.

what's the gig btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lordgoat wrote: »
    physically queue up at a ticketmaster, get there early.

what's the gig btw?

But if it's a really limited capacity this is probably the worst idea, nothing would be worse than tix on sale at 9.00am and the shop worker strolling in at 8.59

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

no its not through ticketmaster - its the cork opera house

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

scudzilla wrote: »
    But if it's a really limited capacity this is probably the worst idea, nothing would be worse than tix on sale at 9.00am and the shop worker strolling in at 8.59

Any of the ticketmasters i use i've never had that problem once. Most of them are now in existing shops and if you go in early and say it to them, they'll print it out for you at 9.
    sporina wrote: »
    no its not through ticketmaster - its the cork opera house

Ring them before hand and ask but if the option to call in is there and you have the time, it's what i'd recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lordgoat wrote: »
    Any of the ticketmasters i use i've never had that problem once. Most of them are now in existing shops and if you go in early and say it to them, they'll print it out for you at 9.

Ring them before hand and ask but if the option to call in is there and you have the time, it's what i'd recommend.

you're lucky then, quite a few got stung, i think for Faith No More, they were Queing at the ticketmaster kiosk in the Jervis Centre and the person didn't turn up till 9.01

Also they can only serve one person at once, and a full transaction (asking what they want, printing tickets and paying) may take 2 minutes, by which time the gig could be sold out

• Advertisement
Advertisement