Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluebottles

Options
  • 24-06-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am having a big problem with Bluebottles in my downstairs toilet. It's only a small room but every time I go in there may be 3 or 4 more. I have checked for any obvious openings but all seems well sealed, I just don't understand how they are getting in. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

You could have a dead mouse in the wall. Bluebottle larvae grow on dead flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Nevore wrote: »
    You could have a dead mouse in the wall. Bluebottle larvae grow on dead flesh.
    Think it may be a rat to be honest. Will I have to find it? Locating it in the wall won't be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Not much you can do to find it unless it's right at a grating or something. A couple weeks and it wont be "juicy" anymore though, and you won't have as many flies. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Spot on!! you could think about expanding into fishing baits :D

Advertisement