Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Horse Inchicore..what happened?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened in the Black horse pub at the canal on Tyrconnell Rd tonight? passing it half an hour ago, it's ticker taped, people are bewildered wondering around like night of the livin dead and sirens are wailing still even though there were already about three cop mobiles there....another good night in the Core????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

2 young lads shot one dead, I don't wanna say details but there local lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rachaelc

How do you know there local lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

dublinhead wrote: »

Thanks I saw it when I got up today, I can't believe the cops. They were called after the gunmen were spotted combing the place for the target, and they didn't stay, headed off ...gunmen came back . Well done Guardai for holding a strong presence at a potential crime scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

yeah i think i'd have to agree about the the Gardai....another terrible day for the area....what the hell is happenin??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0522/inchicore.html

Only up the road from where this happened, possibly connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Babooshka wrote: »
    Thanks I saw it when I got up today, I can't believe the cops. They were called after the gunmen were spotted combing the place for the target, and they didn't stay, headed off ...gunmen came back . Well done Guardai for holding a strong presence at a potential crime scene!

The Gardai can't be expected to hang around protecting law-breakers from other law-breakers.
    This 22 year old and his likes have "choices" how they want to live
    their lives and I'm sorry but if you live by the sword you die by the sword! 010.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Sundew wrote: »
    The Gardai can't be expected to hang around protecting law-breakers from other law-breakers.
    their lives and I'm sorry but if you live by the sword you die by the sword! 010.gif
    Come on. It's not as simple as that. I wish it was.

What about protecting the other punters in the pub and anyone else in the locality. Do the people of Inchicore not have the right to a safe place to live in? How would you feel if this happened next door to you.

mal1 wrote: »
    Come on. It's not as simple as that. I wish it was.

What about protecting the other punters in the pub and anyone else in the locality. Do the people of Inchicore not have the right to a safe place to live in? How would you feel if this happened next door to you.
    It did.....and now I understand why many people in Inchicore advised me NOT to drink in The Blackhorse ;)

Regardless, the Guards have a job to do. If they were tipped off that a couple of gunmen were scouting around, Special Branch should have been called in to stake the place out at the prospect of bagging themselves a couple of what are most likely the long term problem...they're still out there and will most likely kill anyone who gets in the way of a target in future, this isn't about protecting law breakers.

Waiting around for twenty minutes (I do not know how long they waited around it's an example) and leaving a potential crime scene is highly irresponsible as far as I'm concerned. And yes, you should expect them to stick around once something's been reported, it's what they're paid for. You don't even know yet if the people shot were involved in gangland, and, even if they were, it doesn't make it ok for the guards to leave once a report like that was made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Regardless, the Guards have a job to do. If they were tipped off that a couple of gunmen were scouting around, Special Branch should have been called in to stake the place out at the prospect of bagging themselves a couple of what are most likely the long term problem...they're still out there and will most likely kill anyone who gets in the way of a target in future, this isn't about protecting law breakers.

Waiting around for twenty minutes (I do not know how long they waited around it's an example) and leaving a potential crime scene is highly irresponsible as far as I'm concerned. And yes, you should expect them to stick around once something's been reported, it's what they're paid for.

You say the Garda were tipped off, out of curiosity, how do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its been reported on the news that two men, one with a handgun and one with possibly a shotgun entered the bar looking for targets earlier in the night, they are reported to have left in a red car which was waiting outside.

Because ...
    Its been reported on the news that two men, one with a handgun and one with possibly a shotgun entered the bar looking for targets earlier in the night, they are reported to have left in a red car which was waiting outside.

Exactly, I saw it on the news yesterday afternoon. It hasn't been mentioned since and probably won't be either though.

Because ...

Exactly, I saw it on the news yesterday afternoon. It hasn't been mentioned since and probably won't be either though.

So two gunmen entered the pub and then left in a car. Should the Gardaí stay there forever more in case they come back or go and look for them after searching for whatever evidence was at the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

and is there no responsibility on the bar manager to maybe close things down the first time gunmen enter :rolleyes: no no, lets keep serving cause its all grand

foreign wrote: »
    So two gunmen entered the pub and then left in a car. Should the Gardaí stay there forever more in case they come back or go and look for them after searching for whatever evidence was at the scene?

Questions for the guards really. Probably should have done both of the above (not stay there forevermore, but definitley for the rest of that night). Either way, all hindsight now. Bad state of affairs and doesn't bode well for safety. I doubt at that stage there would have been any evidence at the scene because they left apparently as the guy they killled was in the toilet the first time they combed the place and they didn't see him.

It's a shame is all.

Edit: by the way to themanddan6611...do you really think a barman would have wanted the place he earns his bread and butter from, closed down for however long it will take for the guards and authorities to clean up? Barmen earn little enugh as is so I doubt it. It wasn't the job of a bar manager to close a bar or have any part in sorting out something as serious as this. I doubt reports of people carrying guns is rife in Dublin, bad and all as it can get on a weekend, it's still thankfully a rare enough occurence, an occurence that should have been treated very seriously with a strong police presence, for hours and hours, that was my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Brenner77

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0522/inchicore.html

Only up the road from where this happened, possibly connected.

No connection whatsoever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mal1 wrote: »

Especially given the news report if true that a gunman fired back indiscriminately as they were leaving. Might not have been just their target getting hit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Edit: by the way to themanddan6611...do you really think a barman would have wanted the place he earns his bread and butter from, closed down for however long it will take for the guards and authorities to clean up? Barmen earn little enugh as is so I doubt it. It wasn't the job of a bar manager to close a bar or have any part in sorting out something as serious as this.

it should not be about what a barman earns - its about protecting their customers and staff by making a sensible decision to close a couple of hours earlier than usual. Nobody is asking for a bar manager to sort out anything - just be responsible to their staff & clients

If gunmen walked into any other business it would close.

When did it reopen?
    Business as usual when I passed the pub on me way home from work tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When did it reopen?
    Business as usual when I passed the pub on me way home from work tonight!

Usually they'd open a day or two after. I know after the Tramco incident last Thursday it was open Friday night.

it should not be about what a barman earns - its about protecting their customers and staff by making a sensible decision to close a couple of hours earlier than usual. Nobody is asking for a bar manager to sort out anything - just be responsible to their staff & clients

If gunmen walked into any other business it would close.

I think you're missing my point. I was not insinuating they were correct to stay open because of their earnings. I meant that I am sure the management did not want or expect the incident to go that far and if they had the foresight to know they would have closed earlier, preventing them from having to close for a couple of days after the shooting. And yes you're most probably right, they were probably too busy running a busy bar to give a cr*p, which only reinforces the fact that the cops should have stepped in. If the cops won't take it that seriously, why would the management? That was my point.

I think duty of care lay with the Police here, you don't think so, so let's agree to disagree, but you took me up wrong in my post about earnings so I am straightening that one out.

Mods I opened this in the early hours of Saturday morning, mainly to find out if anyone knew what happened so you can close it now if you want, as I see no other purpose for it .... thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mods I opened this in the early hours of Saturday morning, mainly to find out if anyone knew what happened so you can close it now if you want, as I see no other purpose for it .... thanks.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement