Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Issues (apple, netopia, wireless etc)

Options
  • 25-06-2011 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Right, I've been tearing out my hair over this crap for months and i can't get the dam thing to work properly. For some reason no matter what i do i can't get my iPod Touch to connect through my network to my Macbook (both over wireless).

The app "Remote" Doesn't work, VNC Doesn't Work, Air Screen Doesn't work when i try to connect via my network.

My Router: Netopia P-660HW-T1 v3

So i've done my port forwarding correctly (as far as i can see)

My Macbook's reserved ip (192.168.1.8)
    My iPod's unreserved ip (192.168.1.1)

Air Screen requires ports 5353, 6000, 6001 & 6002 to be forwarded. So i've done that as you can see in my screen shot at the end of this post. I've turned off my Macbook's firewall, I've turned off my routers firewall (bad idea i know but what else can i do)

My port forwarding does work because i have Transmissions 50000 port open (and i've confirmed that), and Transmission's Web GUI sort of works.. when i turn off netopia's firewall and connect on my iPod.

I still can't get the dam thing to connect! Is it something to do with the wireless looping back or something? For the love of god can someone give me some insight on what im doing wrong before i put my router in the oven and melt the dam thing.

EDIT: on a side note i want to say that it works when i make a ad hok network on my mac. it doesn't work then i drop my firewall on my mac and on my router, it also doesn't work when i turn on ip loopback via telnet to my router

261k8lz.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Slim Shady

you need to use your external ip address to connect from the internet. If your inside you network you don't need to use port forwarding.

Advertisement