Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring me another 'Conflict' game.

Options
  • 25-06-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭

And bring back the 3rd Person Squad Based gameplay that made the original 4 games so fantastic! Never mind that FPS switch they made with Conflict: Denied Ops. Bring back Bradley, Foley (or the female sniper from Global Storm), Connors & Jones!

I absolutely loved the Conflict series up until Denied Ops.

Conflict: Desert Storm
    Conflict: Desert Storm 2
    Conflict: Vietnam
    Conflict: Global Storm

Those were The S**t, pardon my French.

I hope the developers get to work on a new one and bring back the 3rd Person gameplay.

What does the rest of ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Not big on war games myself, but I really did enjoy Conflict: Desert Storm II back on PS2. Damn good game from what I can recell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I freakin loved the ps 2 original !!!!!!!!!

I'd only buy into a new game if it somehow managed to buck all modern gaming trends and capture some of the old magic that made that game great, or maybe I'm having a case of looking back at it with rose tinted glasses :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Used to play coop with my brother in this and loved it. Think I completed the first one around four times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Used to play coop with my brother in this and loved it. Think I completed the first one around four times.

There you go !!!! Same here , played it numerous times just for the sheer fun of it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Global storm was brillaint but completley ****ed online due to gamespy.

Played the desert storm ones on GC and loved them.

Denied Ops is brutal game, fair few 4 player coop games out not and in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those conflict games bring me........think I have them on pc somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Played the first 2 on the Xbox , good memories. First real co-op games I had.

A lot of modern games seem to be lacking strategy when it comes to co-op.

Strategy has taken a back seat in action games in general with most games prefering to lead you by the hand to the one possible solution rather than leave you to your own devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

I used to bring C:DS II up to my cousins for weeks for two player campaign. The best co op I have played in years. Connors was my favorite but my cousin always went for Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Great memries of playing desert storm 1 and 2. Co-op with friends was honestly some of the funnest time ive ever spent playing games!

Downloaded the demo for denied ops a year or two back and just thought what in the name of god is this shite!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

never was the fear when you heard the rumble of the tank rolling in, and then the panic to see who had either the mines or the rpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

duploelabs wrote: »
    never was the fear when you heard the rumble of the tank rolling in, and then the panic to see who had either the mines or the rpg

Dude you captured it right there. In one of the missions a tank just bursts through the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Worst part was if the leader? you ran out of grenades after about 2 minutes for your launcher and never got anymore for the rest of the mission :(

Same with ammo i used to switch to an AK as soon as i had no grenades left.

Advertisement