Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oops, I'm playing it again (Mass Effect 1)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jim wrote: »
    Friend of mine is playing ME1 atm, but he started to get pissed off at the Mako bits. Against all my advice and screaming he's just gonna skip 1 and go onto 2 because everyone else says how **** 1 is and how much better 2 is.

Makes me so sad :(

The real sad thing is , ME2 is so awesome because of ME1. ME2 on its own is a decent game with a bland story. Played after beating me1 and it gels all together , without ME1 theres no attachment to any of the characters, story itself and even shepard.

I flew through ME1, played it for 14 hours - me2 40+ hours but the major enjoyment factor for me2 is bringing your character over from me1 and adding to ME1s story.

Playing femshep makes the game. Turns the bland space marine/jock into a very interesting character and the game exceeds its intended quality as a result. If bioware released the game with only femshep as playable it would have made a far larger impact on the gaming world than the series currently has.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Most of the enjoyment I got from ME2 was seeing how my Shepard had an impact on the galaxy. You get really invested in your character.

I hope they really pull out all the stops in ME3 to show you the consequences of some of your choices in the original and how well you did in the second.

I plan on playing through the two of them before the third comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

brmccfc wrote: »
    anyone know anywhere i can pick up ME1 and 2 online for 360 for cheap?

There's this website i go on for achievement tips called;

www.trueachievements.com

If you search for a game, as-well as giving you achievement tips etc. it ALSO gives you the cheapest price you can get for it, online. Give it a bash. I got Dynasty Warriors 7 for £31 (€40)thanks to that site. (but that game is rare so it would be quite pricey, Mass Effect would come fair cheap though)

Whatever works best for ya at the end of the day though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I just completed ME2s main quest, and as with ME1 it was over all too fast and easy. The last boss just seems like the artists going here, marvel at our amazing creation. It doesn't fire back, at least not that much, the harbringer is pathetically easy to overcome, the only slight challenge are the hordes of huskes with those alien creature things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

ME 1 is a fantastic game, I even loved the Mako which beats the pants off of planet scanning. As for ME2 I really hope they release a hard copy GOTY edition with all the DLC on it since I can't download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bumpidy bump!

I just finished Mass Effect 1 for the first time, playing as a paragon MaleShep. Racked up 32 hours in total, finished most of the side quests, and was close to finishing the remaining 'find X of Y' quests but the main quest's ending put paid to that! Was playing via Steam so wasn't getting any achievements anyhow.

Really enjoyed it, the 2nd half of the story was pretty cinematic, in a way the vast majority of games truly fall down on. Sure, it was corny space opera, but so are most sci-fi movies! Is there any point in downloading and playing the Bring Down The Sky DLC before starting on Mass Effect 2? Guess I'm gonna use my existing MaleShep in the 2nd game as well.

I'm not going to start ME2 for a few weeks though, need to work through Portal 2 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I recently finished M.E 2 and liked the story of it, the comic at the start really helped to explain everything that occured in M. E 1 and im looking forward to the third installment . My first playthrough was 37 hours where i unlocked everything . I replayed it again on insanity, and finished it in 13 hours. Once you know what to do the campaign is really short. There's only 5 Missions related to the
    Reaper and Collectors

Advertisement