Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarships

Options
  • 25-06-2011 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey,

Just wondering if anyboody knows anything about scholarships for masters programmes at UCD. I just got a first class honours in my undergraduate and I was hoping I might get some form of scholarship due to this which would help me towards paying the fees.

If anybody received any scholarship for a masters programme on the basis of academic merit please let me know... thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was given a postgraduate scholarship based on my final undergrad results. It can be used for a masters or PhD; I'll be using it in September towards the latter. I graduated from UCD in 2009 but only got notification of the scholarship in February last year. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

I was given a postgraduate scholarship based on my final undergrad results. It can be used for a masters or PhD; I'll be using it in September towards the latter. I graduated from UCD in 2009 but only got notification of the scholarship in February last year. Hope that helps!

Oh cool...thank you so much for the reply. I didnt do my undergraduate at UCD, do you think I would still qualify for a scholarship? And also, do you think If I contacted Belfield they would able to tell me whether I qualify or not for definite?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Hi. I don't know if there are any scholarships for masters which you can apply for. I didn't apply for the one I got, I just got a letter in the door to say I'd been given it. I did try to find some information on it (just out of curiosity so I didn't really look too hard) and whether it came from a department or the university but I couldn't really find anything on the website.

I'd say giving them a call would be your best bet, unless someone else here knows anything more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

hmm, I didn't even know they did this..

Do they only give them out for PhDs and Masters or could you get one if you were doing post-grad Medicine or Pharmacy?

Advertisement