Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 + days and is Fitzpatrick up the job ??

Options
  • 25-06-2011 5:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

The man is a fool. He was elected as a fool and he just keeps blabbering on,recent attack on anyone that can get near to him are prompted. The man has no clue.!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

it seems any interview he does is being read off a page

• Registered Users Posts: 21 holyfield10

Although I did not vote for him nor do I have any time for him he was still democratically voted in which we must all respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Mr Fitzpatrick was democratically elected yes but he was not given authorization from the electorate to hire his own daughter and saying she is the only one he can trust to protect his confidentiality, there are plenty of trustworthy hard working people on the dole ques in Louth.
    Also his attack on Sinn Fein (I am no fan whatsoever of) over the Louth County Hospital and their Campaign was very childish, he is an elected TD he does not need to be invited to a Sinn Fein lead committee he just needed to voice his own honest opinion and stand up for the people of Louth who elected him instead of towing the Fine Gael party line on the issue.
    I never felt he would ever be up to the job from the moment he put his name forward as a candidate and as time goes by he will continue to prove it.

The points I made above are form articles I have read in the Argus newspaper over the last 2 weeks.

what are his policies , arthur morgan worked tirelessly on behalf of louth county hospital.... i am not a sf supporter either.. would like to know , he seems to have done feck all since getting his dail seat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I had never heard of peter Fitzpatricks name untill 12 months ago. i met him for the first time early this year and canvassed for him and voted for him.
    I found him quite impressive ,more so now.

Have any of you met him, spoke to him, talked with him? His door is open.

to the OP,

1, Might I ask what prompted you to start this thread? You use strong terms.

2, I learned a lesson many years ago from my late father. he advised me to never call any body a fool,as one could not be sure that one was not one oneself. (lot of ones in there)

Regards , Rugbman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

People can decide for themselves after the remarks made about that committee set up to save Louth County hospital from cutbacks, that it was a front for SF etc. I myself thought his statement was foolish or at the very least, the way in which he so publicly decided not to join it was ill-advised. Certainly, it didn't impress me or other people I mentioned it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I have seen little or nothing of him since he was elected! Can anyone provide some links to what he has been up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

The man is a fool. He was elected as a fool and he just keeps blabbering on,recent attack on anyone that can get near to him are prompted. The man has no clue.!!

More Sinn Fein proaganda!!!!
    Fitzer was elected democratically, I did not vote for him but I will say something for him he is a tireless worker in Dundalk, Ok he has a speech impediment and he gets picked on by the media and the likes of 10 gb, but he is a local TD and I agree with him on what he said regarding SF and the Louth hospital..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have seen noting of Gerry Adams either for that matter , just his rent boy sharkey talking rubbish on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What has he done?

Adams has done plenty, he is constantly raising issues in the Dáil, not only relevant to his constituency but the country as a whole. As the leader of the credible opposition party he has done way more than Fitzpatrick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Little Pea wrote: »
    I have seen noting of Gerry Adams either for that matter , just his rent boy sharkey talking rubbish on Facebook
    Rent boy? What a stupid, offensive comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

macadam wrote: »
    More Sinn Fein proaganda!!!!
    Fitzer was elected democratically, I did not vote for him but I will say something for him he is a tireless worker in Dundalk, Ok he has a speech impediment and he gets picked on by the media and the likes of 10 gb, but he is a local TD and I agree with him on what he said regarding SF and the Louth hospital..

He is a Louth / EAST MEATH TD and not a Dundalk TD . I have never seen the man in Drogheda in my life ( apart from the gaelic grounds with louth gaa ) . Hes another in a long list that think Louth ends in Dunleer :confused:

Gerry Adams has been one of the most prominent non-Fine Gael politicians since the election! Probably more so than Micheál Martin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

rugbyman wrote: »
    I had never heard of peter Fitzpatricks name untill 12 months ago. i met him for the first time early this year and canvassed for him and voted for him.
    I found him quite impressive ,more so now.

Have any of you met him, spoke to him, talked with him? His door is open.

to the OP,

1, Might I ask what prompted you to start this thread? You use strong terms.

Regards , Rugbman

I started the thread because i believe that the man has done nothing for the COUNTY of Louth since his election.
    He has back tracked on stated policies and despite promises from his party not to do so he has employed his daughter as his secretary.

He attacks well set up committees such as the Save the Louth Hospital group because he believes that it is "infested" with SF members which is un-true and neither he nor his party have ever tried to be on or support this commitee.They seem to have the same agenda as FF had during their governance."If SF are there then its wrong" .

Has the man even made his maiden speech to the Dail yet ???

Maybe now he will find the time to answer these questions following his sides elimination from the Championship ??..!!

No doubt that he is a Louth man but imo he hasnt a bloody clue about what the people of the County want?!!

Instead of hanging around this place all the time, take a look at the news or Oireachtas report on RTE to see what Adams(and every other TD) is saying and dont be putting up silly (non)point scoring posts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Simple fact is Fitzpatrick was put forward for election as a safe bet to hold a seat for Fine Gael and nothing else, he has no experience at this level and no consideration for the electorate. If being a TD was just the same as the GAA as he always commented on he would not even be on the panel!

I have no time for any for any of the political parties but with Sinn Fein what u see is what u get and I would never vote for them.

I have no time for any for any of the political parties but with Sinn Fein what u see is what u get and I would never vote for them.

The question is ?? Is Fitzpatrick delivering for Louth?? Harrang SF all you want but dont leave the main question behind you as you stumble for the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 holyfield10

So the question is "Has Peter Fitzpatrick gone anything for Louth in his 1st 100 days as a TD ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

So the question is "Has Peter Fitzpatrick gone anything for Louth in his 1st 100 days as a TD ?"

Apart from stupidly employing his daughter and a few comments in the local papers, not much

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Have any of the elected candidates done anything for Louth in their first 100+ days as TDs? They're all as useless as each other imo.

The only thing I've noticed happen since Fitzpatrick was elected is that Louth are playing worse than they were before

• Advertisement

seeing as how louth are out of the championship he will have alot of time to put towards his political career:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

time louth gaa got a new manager. hopefully fitzpatrick keeps his head down and mouth closed for the next few years the people of louth and dundalk in particular dont need the embarassment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Simple fact is Fitzpatrick was put forward for election as a safe bet to hold a seat for Fine Gael and nothing else, he has no experience at this level and no consideration for the electorate. If being a TD was just the same as the GAA as he always commented on he would not even be on the panel!

youve hit the nail on the head.he was the manager of a hard done by louth team and that gave him a ready made media profile.hell never be a minister thats for sure

A bit off topic, but is it correct that Linda Bell Woods has taken Ged Nash's council seat? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

He is a Louth / EAST MEATH TD and not a Dundalk TD . I have never seen the man in Drogheda in my life ( apart from the gaelic grounds with louth gaa ) . Hes another in a long list that think Louth ends in Dunleer :confused:

if thats a stick to beat him with there are plenty who are guilty. ive never seen gerry adams in dunleer, nor dermot ahern, nor ged nash or pretty much any TD thats been elected in the last while

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

event wrote: »
    if thats a stick to beat him with there are plenty who are guilty. ive never seen gerry adams in dunleer, nor dermot ahern, nor ged nash or pretty much any TD thats been elected in the last while

Fair enough mate . I wont defend any of them , imo they are all a bunch of self serving idiots ..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

oh ill agree with ye there

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DickBunce

Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average among TDs.
    Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — well below average among TDs.

Maybe he'll surprise us yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

the answer to that is "less than Sweet feck all" ,

louth is a total job's blackspot , where was he when the poor vodafone worker's needed a voice ,

he was at home in his big fancy house scratching his balls and laughing at the big fat salary he gets for all the scratching ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭invpat

FG wanted to be certain sure to win that seat in Louth that McGuinness failed to win in 2007.Who better to get the GAA vote than the bould Fitzer, so first do a deal with Jim Darcy, keep schtum, and you will get a Senate seat.The field clear for Fitzer a couple of weeks canvassing and Bob's your uncle and 170 grand a year and jobs for all the family.So suck it up lads,when he is sacked form the Louth Managers job next year (after another failed campaign) you will have the bould Fitzer for another 4 years as the great hope for Dundalk(to follow the last great hope Dermot Ahern FF of course, remember him, ye voted him as well after he said the Louth hospital would be closed over his dead body).Politicians of all parties are liars whether they are from Dundalk,Belfast are anywhere else.Its all about the cash.

Advertisement