Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Apple TV2

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Im trying to install a plugin on xbmc but i keep getting a "dependencies not met" error...Anyone ever get that and know a way around it? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Currently on 5.0.2. I see there is an unthethered jailbreak for 5.3.
    Anyone done it? Any real reason to update?

Also running XMBC 12.1. Any real reason to update that also?
    Just wondering about resources on the ATV2.
    Its working the way I want but cant help tinkering every once in a while

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

gar wrote: »
    Currently on 5.0.2. I see there is an unthethered jailbreak for 5.3.
    Anyone done it? Any real reason to update?

Also running XMBC 12.1. Any real reason to update that also?
    Just wondering about resources on the ATV2.
    Its working the way I want but cant help tinkering every once in a while

Gar

Didn't know that there was an untethered jailbreak (I am on a tethered jailbreak).

Even better - there is an untethered jailbreak available for ios 6.1 (latest)
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/14/how-to-jailbreak-ios-6-1-5-2-apple-tv-2/

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Didn't know that there was an untethered jailbreak (I am on a tethered jailbreak).

Even better - there is an untethered jailbreak available for ios 6.1 (latest)
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/14/how-to-jailbreak-ios-6-1-5-2-apple-tv-2/

Theres even newer again.

ios 6.1.4 which = apple tv software 5.3
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/04/firecore-updates-seasonpass/

Theres even newer again.

ios 6.1.4 which = apple tv software 5.3
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/04/firecore-updates-seasonpass/

Apologies .... had misread the date!
    Yeah going to give it a go - anything to get off the tethered jailbreak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Whatever version I'm currently running is not nearly as good as previous JB's. I last updated about 2 months ago I'd say, to get off the previous tethered JB. Much more prone to dropping streams, slower to navigate. I'd go back to the unJB version only for plexbmc. Would be interested to hear how others find the latest one.

Ok so the update was pretty painless.
    Have skynews on the main section of ATV and a few other apps, could be handy.
    Installed XBMC 12.3 as per wiki on
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_ATV2

also installed a new source called fusion, handy for getting repos
    http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

Quickly checked a sports streaming app i have. Had to turn off high quality streaming for it to work correctly but was like that before.
    Seems fine.
    Not tried to look at any frozen water moving pictures.... ahem....

Quickly checked a sports streaming app i have. Had to turn off high quality streaming for it to work correctly but was like that before.

This is all I use XMBC for - yeah ATV2 doesn't seem to have the juice to handle 720p streams which is a pity. Apparently the Raspberry Pi doesn't either.

Update went fine for me too - xbmc is much snappier. Might be the skin I had last time

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Update went fine for me too - xbmc is much snappier. Might be the skin I had last time

What skin are you using now?

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »

I never changed the skin. Think i read before that it can cause issues on the ATV.
    Never bothered me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Some of the skins can hugely slow down the appletv performance

Aquos76 wrote: »

Default one

Sorry to bump this. Finally managed to get my previously jailbroken not anymore, into dfu mode with seas0npass however got to an error that said unable to upload iBSS! It's running 6.2.1 software tried to downgrade it to 5.3 but getting unknown errors when I try and restore it with a downloaded ipsw. Getting frustrated now as I seem to be getting over 1 hurdle (4 hours) trying to get into dfu mode and then hitting another. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

markc91 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this. Finally managed to get my previously jailbroken not anymore, into dfu mode with seas0npass however got to an error that said unable to upload iBSS! It's running 6.2.1 software tried to downgrade it to 5.3 but getting unknown errors when I try and restore it with a downloaded ipsw. Getting frustrated now as I seem to be getting over 1 hurdle (4 hours) trying to get into dfu mode and then hitting another. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.
    Out of curiosity why are you trying to jailbreak the atv2.

massy086 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why are you trying to jailbreak the atv2.

Just as another device to watch IPTV on. Have gotten as far as itunes restore script failed!, selecting ipsw in finder. Have you any experience Jailbreaking these?

Just as another device to watch IPTV on. Have gotten as far as itunes restore script failed!, selecting ipsw in finder. Have you any experience Jailbreaking these?
    yes I jailbreaked many of them but tbh there a dead device now. What iptv app can you run on them??

I was told by my provider that 247iptv would work on it but im not too sure, can you get GSE or any other app store apps on it do you know?

I was told by my provider that 247iptv would work on it but im not too sure, can you get GSE or any other app store apps on it do you know?
    I'm not sure tbh long time since I used Apple TV I use a nvidia shield now for everything.

Going to give it a go if i ever manage to get it jailbroken, latest problem ive gotten is itunes restore script failed!, selecting ipsw in finder. So ill keep trying and see what comes of it if i do get it JB

• Advertisement

Going to give it a go if i ever manage to get it jailbroken, latest problem ive gotten is itunes restore script failed!, selecting ipsw in finder. So ill keep trying and see what comes of it if i do get it JB
    Are the ipsw, s your are using still be signed by Apple

im using the latest version of seas0npass so i think they are though thats from 2017 but seen comments from recent weeks/months that its still being downloaded

im using the latest version of seas0npass so i think they are though thats from 2017 but seen comments from recent weeks/months that its still being downloaded
    what firmware is the atv on that you are trying to jb

I downgraded to 5.3 cause 6.2.1 wasnt working

tried to pm you but mailbox is full

Advertisement