Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Apple TV2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

soundsham wrote: »
    Big thanks to 120 minutes today for help
    Hopefully getting library set up on nas and streaming won't cause the same headaches
    Anyway
    Thanks again,
    Top man
    What was the issue after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Cyrus wrote: »
    Big thanks to 120 minutes today for help
    Hopefully getting library set up on nas and streaming won't cause the same headaches
    Anyway
    Thanks again,
    Top man
    No other issues Atv sorted

sorry i meant what was stopping you from jailbreaking in the first place?

sorry i meant what was stopping you from jailbreaking in the first place?
    Couldn't tell you was going through the process but just didn't work for me
    Someone offered to do it for me thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I did it, but I dont know what stopped him, I ran snowbreeze, and when I put the atv in dfu mode it failed, I then plugged it into the mains whle the USB was in and snowbreeze autoran something (ieg? Irg? it went by fast) and was then prompted to shift restore the firmware. After that it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Quick Q

Does Apple TV2 support MKV ?

Or do you need to JB - or does JB even allow MKV playback ?

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

mkv is fine but you need JB and XBMC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi guys, is it possible to mirror ipad1 through apple tv2 on TV? Is there any app for jailbroken iPad? Or this is for ipad2 only? Also is there any possibility of playing music or movies from HTC sensation through dlna or some other server stream tool? Phone as a storage etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

can i ask what everyone is using to convert mkv files so they will play in xbmc cheers all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 How Many Users

anyone using the plugin which must not be named on UPC and if so how would you rate the service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

massy086 wrote: »
    can i ask what everyone is using to convert mkv files so they will play in xbmc cheers all

Xbmc should convert on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

Can it play ISO files?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ROS123 wrote: »
    Can it play ISO files?

xmbc on atv2 can play iso, not atv 2 on its own

and for above, yes mkv is playable, no conversions, all codecs are included in xbmc natively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

iPwnage wrote: »
    xmbc on atv2 can play iso, not atv 2 on its own

and for above, yes mkv is playable, no conversions, all codecs are included in xbmc natively

im having a load of trouble getting it to play 720p so i just convert them with handbrake atv2 profile to mp4 and they play ok

I see there is an apple update available for apple tv
    If I update will it affect xbmc or any other jailbroken additions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I see there is an apple update available for apple tv
    If I update will it affect xbmc or any other jailbroken additions

eh, there doesnt seem to be an update available

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4448
    http://jailbreak-me.info/

where are you getting this info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kjl wrote: »
    eh, there doesnt seem to be an update available

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4448
    http://jailbreak-me.info/

where are you getting this info?
    Check your HT document again, 4.3 is new this afternoon.

Any help on the question posted ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Any help on the question posted ??
    No idea, but if its anything like iPhone or iPad updates it will likely break your jailbreak (it is an iOS derivative after all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Couple of questions,

Moved my atv2 to a different tv - Samsung and now all I get is the apple logo on startup and then the signal drops and says "no signal", looked it up online and I went into the system settings and allowed hot plugging but no avail.

Other q,

Is it possible to get Sky Go on the atv2?

thanks

joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

joe316 wrote: »
    Couple of questions,

Moved my atv2 to a different tv - Samsung and now all I get is the apple logo on startup and then the signal drops and says "no signal", looked it up online and I went into the system settings and allowed hot plugging but no avail.

I seen this happen when it wasn't connected to a network. Is it wireless on the new TV. if possibe, try turning it on with a LAN connection

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

I just ordered an apple tv for my Dad. I wont be able to JB with the new update. Does anyone know what iOS comes preinstalled on the apple TV.

dont upate to 4.3 if you have jailbroken your apple tv already.

Soot-fan wrote: »
    I just ordered an apple tv for my Dad. I wont be able to JB with the new update. Does anyone know what iOS comes preinstalled on the apple TV.

dont upate to 4.3 if you have jailbroken your apple tv already.
    you wont have the latest fw, you should be fine...

when you install nitotv(easiest way to install xbmc), be sure to disable apple updates in it's options, so there will be no update "accidents" :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have a jailbroken 3Gs and know all the benefits ;) , but what do you get by jailbreaking a ATV2 ?

Without breaking forum rules .

mixednuts wrote: »
    I have a jailbroken 3Gs and know all the benefits ;) , but what do you get by jailbreaking a ATV2 ?

Xbmc ;)

mixednuts wrote: »

Xbmc ;)
    its the most useless piece of kit on its own...
    but jb and xbmc installed is all i bought it for and use ! if you have a lot of film and tv acquired over the years, you can organinse it it to movie/tv folders, then xbmc will pull all the info and art work from the net, its really really nice, plays all codecs etc... can struggle playing 1080 sometimes, so i try get 720 stuff to be on the safe side

4q30w9.jpg
    1zme4vs.jpg
    118prpu.jpg
    2eapk4x.jpg

there are other cool things we're not allowed talk about any more, have a look for the old thread in google cache, its there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah when I bought mine and hadnt jailbroken it I hardly used it.
    Since installing XBMC I use it nearly every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

its the most useless piece of kit on its own...
    but jb and xbmc installed is all i bought it for and use ! if you have a lot of film and tv acquired over the years, you can organinse it it to movie/tv folders, then xbmc will pull all the info and art work from the net, its really really nice, plays all codecs etc... can struggle playing 1080 sometimes, so i try get 720 stuff to be on the safe side

4q30w9.jpg
    1zme4vs.jpg
    118prpu.jpg
    2eapk4x.jpg

there are other cool things we're not allowed talk about any more, have a look for the old thread in google cache, its there :p

If you dont mind me asking how did you get all the album art(for want of a better word) displayed , mine is just a plain list, would love to spruce it up like that lol

If you dont mind me asking how did you get all the album art(for want of a better word) displayed , mine is just a plain list, would love to spruce it up like that lol

no bother its fairly simple, firstly your tv shows and movies need to have a certain folder structure to them, ie like above this is what I have xmbc>tv shows>True Blood>Season 1> true.blood.s01e01.avi ...etc all season 1 files when i added the tv show source, (ie pointed it to my harddrive) you get an option to add a tv show scraper its called, for tv shows i selected TvDB.com I think it was...all art work etc gets pulled then automatically if done correctly, same for movies, except i used imdb.com scraper...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

no bother its fairly simple, firstly your tv shows and movies need to have a certain folder structure to them, ie like above this is what I have xmbc>tv shows>True Blood>Season 1> true.blood.s01e01.avi ...etc all season 1 files when i added the tv show source, (ie pointed it to my harddrive) you get an option to add a tv show scraper its called, for tv shows i selected TvDB.com I think it was...all art work etc gets pulled then automatically if done correctly, same for movies, except i used imdb.com scraper...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_(Video_Library)

Thanks will give it a go :)

Advertisement