Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Apple TV2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Soot-fan wrote: »
    Anyone got this working on atv yet. I'm using V 1.67. I'm still getting password error. Posts on xbmc forum saying It's working.
    I'm on nightly build 11.

Working fine for me
    You on a nightly build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Soot-fan wrote: »
    You on a nightly build

No normal Xbmc for atv2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Lads is it hard to jailbreak the Apple TV and get all the added extras? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but I don't know if it would be worth getting it if I can't jailbreak it, I dont really know much about software and all that tech stuff involved with it but I have jailbroken my iPhone before. Also if I were to buy one in America would it work over here? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

easy to jailbreak and one from the states will work here perfectly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Question im asking myself, will i actually use an apple TV..

I have a lot of content that i put on to a media player hard drive and watching on my HD TV....should i buy an apple TV?
    Will it be a waste of 100 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

eeloe wrote: »
    Question im asking myself, will i actually use an apple TV..

I have a lot of content that i put on to a media player hard drive and watching on my HD TV....should i buy an apple TV?
    Will it be a waste of 100 euro?

its the best thing i have bought this year tbh you will love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Lads is it hard to jailbreak the Apple TV and get all the added extras? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but I don't know if it would be worth getting it if I can't jailbreak it, I dont really know much about software and all that tech stuff involved with it but I have jailbroken my iPhone before. Also if I were to buy one in America would it work over here? Thanks
    Bare in mind though you'll have to get an Irish Plug/Adapter for it so you mightn't save too much money. A refurb Apple TV is €99 on the Irish Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Dman001 wrote: »
    Bare in mind though you'll have to get an Irish Plug/Adapter for it so you mightn't save too much money. A refurb Apple TV is €99 on the Irish Store.

Yeah I'll probably just wait till I'm home and buy one.

Just picked one up!

Had a quick fiddle around with it and all is cool, the airplay function is pretty slick

Having some trouble jailbreaking it tho! :(

Just picked one up!

Had a quick fiddle around with it and all is cool, the airplay function is pretty slick

Having some trouble jailbreaking it tho! :(
    Just stick with it they can be a bugger to jailbreak but so worth it once u install xbmc if u need help feel free to ask

• Advertisement

i'm updating it at the minute to 4.3, gonna try to jailbreak it with pwnage tool instead of green poison..

gonna give SeasOnPass a shot now actually..

WTF?

I'm using pwnage tool here, and i'm stuck on the connect device to USB screen....the apple TV isn't obviously being picked up by my computer?

Could anyone possibly help me? the only reason i bought this was to Jailbreak it an experiment with it? and if i can't even get the computer to recognise it, it's useless to me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Could anyone possibly help me? the only reason i bought this was to Jailbreak it an experiment with it? and if i can't even get the computer to recognise it, it's useless to me! :(

Are you on windows

Nah dude, I'm on OS X 10.6.7

I'm putting it down to a dodgy USB lead, gonna have to get up early in the morning and try get it sorted before I head to work, had my head wrecked for the last 7 hours.

Okay,went over and got a new micro usb cable, and itunes is now picking up my apple TV...pwnage tool is also picking it up, BUT, when it comes time to get the apple TV in to DFU mode, it's just not working!

Constantly getting "failed to enter DFU mode"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Okay,went over and got a new micro usb cable, and itunes is now picking up my apple TV...pwnage tool is also picking it up, BUT, when it comes time to get the apple TV in to DFU mode, it's just not working!

Constantly getting "failed to enter DFU mode"

I see this a lot. A lot of jailbreak guides can't agree on whether the atv should be plugged into the mains when trying to get it to dfu mode. I've done 2 at this stage and if I remember right this was the order I did it in:

Plug atv into USB
    Try to enter dfu
    Fail
    Plug into mains
    Retry (either myself or it does it automatically)
    Success!

..but it's a bit hazy so i could be wrong. Experiment with the mains cable and see.

By the way I found snow breeze worked best for me.

It's really starting to annoy me here now!

I managed to get it in to DFU mode by plugging in the power cable...but now when i try to restore it in itunes i'm getting
    "The Apple TV "Apple TV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

really at the end of my tether with this! :(

massy086 wrote: »
    Just stick with it they can be a bugger to jailbreak but so worth it once u install xbmc if u need help feel free to ask

Got it sorted....jailbroken, nitoTV installed, and XBMC....HELP! where do i go from here? feel free to PM me, as i don't think a public forum is the place to discuss such activities! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

where do i go from here?

Straight to JAIL!!!!!:p:D

Got mine yesterday and about to have a crack at it. Your exploits don't fill me with confidence though. :D

Got it sorted....jailbroken, nitoTV installed, and XBMC....HELP! where do i go from here? feel free to PM me, as i don't think a public forum is the place to discuss such activities! :)

The little text box at the top right of your browser. That's where you start ;)

Aye, instead of googling and hit and miss for a few days I was kinda hoping someone here could lend a hand in suggesting some stuff they have done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I can get a refurb one of apple for 99 euro. Is this good value or should I wait for the newer version.

How do I jailbreak it and what advantages do I get by doing it?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I can get a refurb one of apple for 99 euro. Is this good value or should I wait for the newer version.

How do I jailbreak it and what advantages do I get by doing it?
    Once jailbrokin u can instal xbmc the best mc going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

massy086 wrote: »
    Once jailbrokin u can instal xbmc the best mc going

Is that like a OS or something. What can I do with that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

anyone else having issue with some movies crashing on xmbc for atv ??

No, but I mostly watch tv programmes on it. Are they 720p hd? The atv can have trouble with those.

No, but I mostly watch tv programmes on it. Are they 720p hd? The atv can have trouble with those.
    im finding 1080 mklv,s 8-10gb are running better than anything 720 that i have strange eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Don't know generally just load em up from ice....s and off they go some work others don't
    Didn't know I should be looking at any other criteria

Advertisement