Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Things Apple TV2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

It's working properly now, all you have to do - go to maintenance - settings - relaunch apple tv, then you can enter your user name and password on netflix menu. Looks fine now, have to test few full hd movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Tried AirPlay from my 4s and it worked tried to sign into to Netflix on the atv but it said my details were wrong but they weren't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tried AirPlay from my 4s and it worked tried to sign into to Netflix on the atv but it said my details were wrong but they weren't

No AirPlay option on my iPad 1. Haven't managed to get it working on ATV2. I've given. Gave it a spin on the PS3 and the stream quality is really good but the selection is horrendous.

Can't imagine myself using the PS3 for it. I will cancel my sub before the 30 days unless there's a big improvement in the library.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My ATV2 is on 4.3 jailbroken.
    No sign of netflix though :(
    Have tried rebooting a few times but no joy.
    Also no airplay option from my iPhone 4s....

Any ideas?

mik_da_man wrote: »

Any ideas?

Netlix should be there. On the main menu of your ATV2 scroll over to Internet and it should be the first option in the list - the one with YouTube etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's where I expected it but no sign of it.
    Might pull the power for a few mins and see if that works...

Edit: Nope... that didn't work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

I've the same problem as Mik_Da_Man. I don't get the netflix option on the internet menu. I updated to 4.4.4 last night but no joy.

Does it depend on where ATV thinks you live? Might play with this tonight.

rai555 have you an Irish Itunes account? Did you relaunch ATV from your Ipad or from ATV?

BTW I jailbroke 4.4.4 using Seas0npass no problem, have not got round to reinstalling XMBC yet.

mik_da_man wrote: »

Any ideas?

Try upgrade/JB on 4.4.4 the netflix is on the menue

rai555 wrote: »
    Try upgrade/JB on 4.4.4 the netflix is on the menue

It certainly doesnt seem to be an upgrade problem. Im on an old version(cant remember which) probably a year old or so, as my ATV2 is jail broken and I dont upgrade at all, yet I still have Netflixshowing up. Strange one.

BTW, I still cant get it to play on ATV2. Can log in but when I hit browse I get the "Netflix is currently unavailable please try later". Ive tried re-booting, logging out of the account and re-booting, unplugginf the ATV2 for a few minutes and then back in but stiil the same.

I know theres a couple of options in the main menu, I think its reset and restore. I`m going to have a look at them tonight. One of them wipes the ATV2 and installs the latest firmware so thats the one I want to avoid, as I dont want to lose my jail break.

Just found the following answer on

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3639576?start=0&tstart=0

"The current AppleTV/Ireland firmware doesn't include the NetFlix options since NetFlix wasn't available.
    Now that it is, Apple would just need to throw a switch to tell the AppleTV to include the NetFlix option - that will likely come in a future software update. As for when that might be... next week, next month... next year? no one can tell."

So why is it available for some of us and not others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just a guess

but the people who have netflix are you using appletv with a US address to get the wider range of movies and tv shows? and the people who dont see netflix have just registered an irish itunes account?

Cyrus wrote: »
    Just a guess

but the people who have netflix are you using appletv with a US address to get the wider range of movies and tv shows? and the people who dont see netflix have just registered an irish itunes account?

I did have a US Netflix account with a VPN a long time ago but it was before my ATV2 days. Netflix shows up on ATV2 under Internet. I can log in no problem, but cant access any content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

adox wrote: »
    I did have a US Netflix account with a VPN a long time ago but it was before my ATV2 days. Netflix shows up on ATV2 under Internet. I can log in no problem, but cant access any content.

im talking about your atv2 account tho ;)

Cyrus wrote: »
    im talking about your atv2 account tho ;)

Yeah I realise that. What I`m saying is Netflix is showing on my ATV2 with an Irish IP address.

Do Apple use IP addresses to determine location? I thought it was the address of your credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

You can manually select a location country in Settings. You do then need an account for that country to purchase though.

I'm on latest iOS (jailbroken), Ireland as location and Irish Apple ID, and Netflix is first entry under Internet for me.

Still not working for me. Tried again this evening but no joy. Unplugged everything form the Apple TV and gave it a few minutes before connecting back up and rebooting but still that dreaded message.

Won't be renewing as this is just pissing me off now haha. Have tried it with PS3 and it works fine, it's a pain in the hole using that. I use my ATV2 for all my media so would like to have that option for Netflix too. Its all the more annoying that I can log in through Apple TV but not view anything.

I searched high and low over the internet for a fix but they are all reboot the machine etc and none have worked. :eek:

Still not working for me. Tried again this evening but no joy. Unplugged everything form the Apple TV and gave it a few minutes before connecting back up and rebooting but still that dreaded message.

Won't be renewing as this is just pissing me off now haha. Have tried it with PS3 and it works fine, it's a pain in the hole using that. I use my ATV2 for all my media so would like to have that option for Netflix too. Its all the more annoying that I can log in through Apple TV but not view anything.

I searched high and low over the internet for a fix but they are all reboot the machine etc and none have worked. :eek:

reboot but not to turn off/on

reboot but not to turn off/on

Sorry don't follow?

Sorry don't follow?

seems it is aTV Flash extra menu, sorry for confusion, that thingy did the trick as i was unable to log in to my netflix account untill i relaunched my aTV

• Advertisement

Ok I dont have those options on my ATV2. Im running 4.2.1

that's the menue

that's the menue

I don't have that menu option but I presume that's the same action as holding down the menu and play button on the Apple TV to get it to reboot? I tried that several times without success. I also found a reboot Apple TV option in nito TV settings, which I also did but didn't change anything. :(

I don't have that menu option but I presume that's the same action as holding down the menu and play button on the Apple TV to get it to reboot? I tried that several times without success. I also found a reboot Apple TV option in nito TV settings, which I also did but didn't change anything. :(

Would restoring back to factory settings do anything ?

Would restoring back to factory settings do anything ?

It would lose my jailbreak. I don't want to have the hassle of jailbreaking and setting everything up that comes with it again.

I'm just going to have to use the PS3 for the rest of my 30 day trial and then I'll cancel. Might have given a go if I had it working on the ATV2.

Thanks for trying to help. :)

I finally got the netflix option on my internet by going into itunes in settings and changing my location to US.

However I'm now having the same issue as adox I'm using 4.4.4 JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭BobMcBob

Have the same problem with Netflix not showing up, just remembered that I had changed the /etc/hosts to stop software updates, so think that might be the problem. Will try changing that file back and see what happens tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

The 4.4.4 jb from seasonpass installed the Netflix perfect for me, I used the untethered one that was released end of December .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I've just about had it with Apple TV/ iTunes , I have ATV2 running latest SW (Not Jailbroken ) and latest iTunes . I run both off a Belkin PlayMax Router , I cant get AirPlay icon on iTunes BUT worse is the fact that I cant get more than 30 minutes viewing without homeshare bugging out on me and having to reset iTunes .

Any ideas would be most welcome otherwise there will be an ATV on adverts before I head to the madhouse.:mad:

• Advertisement

The 4.4.4 jb from seasonpass installed the Netflix perfect for me, I used the untethered one that was released end of December .

Gonna give that a shot today

Advertisement