Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job not matching the job description?

Options
  • 25-06-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there
    Long time user but going unreg for this one! Just a quick query as to what might rights might be on this. Basically I applied for a job a year or two ago now and the job description & interview mentioned a number of things (let's say 6 or 7 facets/aspects), which I based my decision to take the job on, but in reality I am only doing one or two of those things. I would love to get the opportunity to do what I thought I would be doing e.g. the other 5 or 6 parts of the role and develop my skills.

I have discussed this several times with my manager and am getting nowhere on it. it's not about money or promotion or anything so I feel it is probably not something that I can get the union involved in (I would be loathe to go down that route anyway tbh, but if it is my only option). I figure unions would just be for pay-issues really rather than the specifics of the job?? Do I have any rights to have my voice heard? I understand job specs are only ever a guide and you need to be flexibile, but when it is such a large portion of it, it makes it more difficult to accept.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement