Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought there was gonna be a singleplayer campaign no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Looks a little ugly and clunky, if that 40$ turns to 40€ i probably won't buy it. for a multiplayer only it would have to be amazing for me to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

KilOit wrote: »
    Looks a little ugly and clunky, if that 40$ turns to 40€ i probably won't buy it. for a multiplayer only it would have to be amazing for me to buy it.

Correction there is singleplayer, im guessing it will be 40 euro.
    If you watched the video's you will see this game is all about gameplay.
    If you like run and gun you wont like this, im looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'll more than likely get it,first heard about it back in 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

jackoire wrote: »
    Correction there is singleplayer, im guessing it will be 40 euro.
    If you watched the video's you will see this game is all about gameplay.
    If you like run and gun you wont like this, im looking forward to it.
    I'll keep an open mind with it, never played the first one, but looks like it has a decent following which can only be positive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The suppression system seems really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its a tactical shooter, run and gun players will hate it. Its on the Unreal engine so can't look that bad

I'm looking forward to it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Nothing beats a good old fashioned Nazi kill fest.

I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

cant with for this :) after the disappointment with the way BF3 is going, this is going to be my online shooter of choice

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its a tactical shooter, run and gun players will hate it. Its on the Unreal engine so can't look that bad

I'm looking forward to it myself

Gameplay video looks like it mixes a bit of both tbh.

Either way its a must buy for me. The original RO was great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pre-orders are up now on Steam. €31 for standard and €35 for digital deluxe. 20% off if you own the original RO.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad – Steam Digital Deluxe Edition

Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40)
    Day 1 Unlock of the Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W))
    2 playable characters for Killing Floor – WW2 Russian and German Soldier re-enactors unlocked in KF the moment you purchase
    Team Fortress 2 items – RO2 German helmet and Russian “Pilotka” hat (“vintage” if bought during pre-purchase)
    Access to the final phase of the closed beta

Pre-purchase Discount: 10% off both versions (20% off if you own the original Red Orchestra)

Bonuses for owners of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45:

An extra 10% discount during pre-purchase for a total of 20% off
    Unlock the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets on day 1
    Special in-game item – show everyone your loyalty to Red Orchestra with the exclusive Russian Guards Badge/German Close Combat Badge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was one of very first batch outside of devs to beta test the original Red Orchestra mod long before it went retail and before the mod itself was released.
    This is going back to when i had 56k connection, lol i remember having to download new clients of the game , 700 mb would take overnight.
    I was invited back to do the same for RO1 retail and also this upcoming game but i had to decline this time round as testing was mostly during the night our time.
    Ill more than likely buy it, people saying it looks clunky need to remember this is a slow paced shooter, its a realism shooter its not call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

This is one of the games I've been looking forward to for ages !
    Looks brilliant and I loved the first one even though I was a bit late on the scene when I purchased it. It's much more intelligent than COD or Battlefield. It's a one shot one kill type game so you really have to be careful how you approach the game.
    I like all the goodies for owners of the first one , day one purchase for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

I gotta say thanks for posting this thread, just went and picked up two copies(interestingly if you have the 20% for having RO1 deal, you can buy for other people at that price....)

But alas the other person I nabbed it for has the first one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

This looks excellent, I will certainly be playing this.

Just preordered the digital deluxe edition :)

Cant wait to play the beta to see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My 2 friends who are pyre ww2 geeks are having explosive orgasms about this one... Preordered and all...

I domt know if I want it thought...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have it preordered now. Gonna be epic. Looking forward to this as my filler between BF3 sessions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Have it preordered now. Gonna be epic. Looking forward to this as my filler between BF3 sessions. :D

This!

Oh and someone poke this thread when the beta starts, there doesn't seem to be any word on when it begins but im guessing it'll be around 1 week before release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

I'd really want to test this out first to make sure i enjoyed the movement of the character/weapons etc. That really put me off Arma 2 when i played the demo

• Advertisement

Will there be a demo? or is it just beta?

There will be a closed beta for people who preordered the digital deluxe edition.

If your not sure wait for beta footage, there will be no NDA so there will be lots of content on the net. I think there wont be a steam ip restriction for activation, meaning you'll be able to activate cheap russian keys without a vpn. I will post info on russian keys on day of release (costs 9e).

For those who wanna give it a go with spend 40e, im sure some cdkey sites will have the game for cheap on release day.

I will have a 64 slot server up for this (realism config) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its certainly shaping up to be a great game, can assure you of that much . . . :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just saw this thread pop up on the main page and it brought back good memories of RO ostfront. It took bloody ages to get your first kill, but the sense of achievement was great. It was also great that it was played by people who had a real interest as the steep learning curve kept the leet haxor type players away.

Unfortunately my pc doesn't cut the mustard these days, but if this is based on an older engine i might get away with it.

Its certainly shaping up to be a great game, can assure you of that much . . . :)

would it be similar to arma in realism?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Will there be a demo? or is it just beta?

They mentioned somewhere there would be a free weekend after release if you want to try it out first.

Sputnik wrote: »
    They mentioned somewhere there would be a free weekend after release if you want to try it out first.

Think I will

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

would it be similar to arma in realism?

I would think so. For example, with bolt action guns you actually have to do a two staged reload process each time you fire. 1) Pull back the bolt and eject the shell. 2) Push the bolt back. There is a very steep learning curve. I'm quite good at FPS but I would say that it took me about an hour to kill my first enemy. (Accidentally throwing a grenade into a group of team-mates and killing them all doesn't count)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The release date for the game has been pushed back two weeks to September 13th.

• Advertisement

Not too disappointed as I eagerly anticipate a bug free game ;)

Also I'm on holidays the first week :P

Advertisement