Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad (PC)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

I've been looking forward to this one for ages. My DODS clan have been gearing up and have a dedibox primed and ready :) Roll out the kars!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Not too disappointed as I eagerly anticipate a bug free game ;)

Its shaping up to be an awesome game (imho!), I have been in the Beta test group for the last few weeks and things are progressing very well.

I was never a huge RO fan originally so I was a little sceptical initially. Safe to say I have fallen in love with RO2 though. As you can expect the realism is second to none - it takes a while to learn the ropes but once you do you will not be able to drop the game. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its shaping up to be an awesome game (imho!), I have been in the Beta test group for the last few weeks and things are progressing very well.

I was never a huge RO fan originally so I was a little sceptical initially. Safe to say I have fallen in love with RO2 though. As you can expect the realism is second to none - it takes a while to learn the ropes but once you do you will not be able to drop the game. :)

so its similar to arma then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

so its similar to arma then?

I cant really say too much - in terms of realism I would say yes its similar to arma. In saying that arma had some gameplay issues that erked me and those issues are not present in RO2 (imho).

This game certainly is not any sort of dumbed down WW2 shooter. Everything behaves realistically. The cover system is top class - really really adds to the game. The level of detail in-game (especially in tanks and the like) is what you can expect, astounding. Unfortunately I cannot go into any specifics but anyone who has been waiting on this game wont be disappointed I suspect. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I cant really say too much - in terms of realism I would say yes its similar to arma. In saying that arma had some gameplay issues that erked me and those issues are not present in RO2 (imho).

This game certainly is not any sort of dumbed down WW2 shooter.

I found arma really hard to get into but I think I'll give this a go,the fact that its set it in the ww2 era is enough to sell it to me and the fact that its not a dumped down ww2 shooter is good too :-P.

• Advertisement

I found arma really hard to get into but I think I'll give this a go,the fact that its set it in the ww2 era is enough to sell it to me and the fact that its not a dumped down ww2 shooter is good too :-P.

As I said Seph, I was never really a massive RO1 fan. I played it but never really fully got into it - and thus I never really had any sort of major attachment to the game.

With RO2 it took me a few days to get used to everything (weapons and the recoil, map layouts, cover system etc.) but once I actually got used to it I fell in love with the gameplay. I am finding it hard to put the game down! :p

Naturally it takes a few hours of gameplay to get to grips with it. I didn't even realize the potential of the cover system until recently and only today did I properly come to understand the mechanics of the tanks and the like. The game is gripping . . .

As I said Seph, I was never really a massive RO1 fan. I played it but never really fully got into it - and thus I never really had any sort of major attachment to the game.

With RO2 it took me a few days to get used to everything (weapons and the recoil, map layouts, cover system etc.) but once I actually got used to it I fell in love with the gameplay. I am finding it hard to put down! :p

Naturally it takes a few hours of gameplay to get to grips with it. I didn't even realize the potential of the cover system until recently and only today did I properly come to understand the mechanics of the tanks and the like. The game is gripping . . .

Is the beta multiplayer only?any demo or anything of the campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Has this been released already or is it still beta?

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Has this been released already or is it still beta?

Its not due for release until 13th of September coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sweet, gives me time to be paid so i can nab a pre order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is the beta multiplayer only?any demo or anything of the campaign?
    I'm not sure it even has a campaign?

Jim wrote: »

Apparently it does, seemingly there is a full German and Russian campaign.

Jim wrote: »

Ya It has a single player campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Ya It has a single player campaign.
    probly just multiplayer with bots offline....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

psssh dunno why they even bother with the single player. You buy this game for the multiplayer.

It offers multiplayer that few games can.

Its not everyone's cup of tea, but I can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Argh, why did they have to push it back two weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

New cam footage of RO2.

Wonderbar! :pac:

Ahh found another mutiplayer trailer.
    Shows a bit more stuff, like tanks etc...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-gameplay-red-orchestra/719542

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im still playing the origional,proud to say im a beta tester since the very first beta when RO was a UT2003 mod :)
    Games like RO wee on the likes of mw2 and blops from a great height.
    Looking forward to this greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

just pre ordered a steam key on

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad/

for €23.72

got 35% off (15% off and used a promo code for another 20% off)

I received the promo code on the main page when I signed up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Open Beta should be next week, most likely the 30th:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=56818

Some more video footage

The game is real gritty, flash backs to old school PC gaming.
    Am really impressed with the tanks, they are so many factors they taught of.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-red-orchestra/719760

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I havent been following the whole beta details.
    Can those who preordered participate in this?

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent been following the whole beta details.
    Can those who preordered participate in this?

It's only for pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Spear wrote: »
    It's only for pre-orders.

All pre-orders? Because I thought it was just digital deluxe pre-orders. :confused:

All pre-orders? Because I thought it was just digital deluxe pre-orders. :confused:

No, as you said, only the DDE version.

DDE version purchased :)
    Meanwhile heres a nice collection of gameply vids.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Meirleach

Installing the beta now, I've no idea when it became available as I was distracted by league of legends.

Advertisement